Radiant Industries is an El Segundo, CA-based startup developing Kaleidos, a portable, containerized nuclear microreactor. Portable nuclear power with rapid deploy capability can replace diesel generators used today to provide critical asset support for hospitals, datacenters, and military bases or to power microgrids at remote sites. Radiant’s unique, practical approach to nuclear development utilizes modern software engineering to rapidly achieve safe, factory-constructable microreactors leveraging existing, well-qualified materials. Radiant is on a fast track to demonstrate the first fueled operation of a new commercial nuclear reactor design, just three years from now.
Senior Systems Administrator
Radiant is seeking its first IT team member with deep knowledge of Microsoft systems and technologies, as well as having the ability to pivot between Linux, cloud, and networking systems. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with strong collaboration and troubleshooting skills. The candidate will maintain a high level of support to the employee base and be comfortable building high performing, flexible and scalable systems. Lastly, the ideal candidate will optimize solutions using automation with PowerShell.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform best practice desktop engineering support for an enterprise environment consisting primarily of Windows desktops and servers on Azure Active Directory / Office 365 environment.
- Manage devices through MDM systems such as Microsoft Intune.
- Manage security policies and software deployments through Group Policy, managed software deployment, and PowerShell.
- Research, test, and deploy security patches and vulnerability mitigation and remediation configuration changes.
- Create and maintain infrastructure documentation and operating procedures.
- Provide after-hours and weekend support for reported outages.
- Design and implement corporate IT security policy.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 5 years relevant IT / Systems Administration work experience.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong familiarity with PowerShell.
- Familiarity with sovereign cloud systems such as O365 GCC High.
- Experience with NIST-800-171 security policy.
- Familiarity with backup solutions such as Veeam.
- Experience with Debian or RedHat based Linux environments.
- Experience working with cloud virtualization providers such as AWS or Azure.
- Ability to support network engineering and administration activities.
- Stock: Substantial incentive stock plan for all full time, salaried employees
- Medical: 100% up to base silver level plan for employee + 50% dependents, offers up to Platinum plans.
- Vision: 100% coverage + 50% for dependents
- Dental: 100% coverage, orthodontia extra, 50% for dependents
- Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness, Commuter and FSA are offered as employee contributed benefits.
- Vacation/Sick time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.