Radiant Industries is an El Segundo, CA-based startup developing Kaleidos, a portable, containerized nuclear microreactor. Portable nuclear power with rapid deploy capability can replace diesel generators used today to provide critical asset support for hospitals, datacenters, and military bases or to power microgrids at remote sites. Radiant’s unique, practical approach to nuclear development utilizes modern software engineering to rapidly achieve safe, factory-constructable microreactors leveraging existing, well-qualified materials. Radiant is on a fast track to demonstrate the first fueled operation of a new commercial nuclear reactor design, just three years from now.
Radiant is seeking a highly motivated and experienced senior software engineer to own and design aspects of software development at Radiant. You'll bring in expertise to guide and mentor team members as well as develop reliable, fault tolerant code that runs across our simulation platform to the nuclear micro-reactor. You'll have an opportunity to work across fun, challenging problems while enabling rapidly deployable nuclear power for a cleaner future.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ownership of Software Design, examples:
- Reactor control, microgrid control, or fleet monitoring UI
- Nuclear Analysis Pipeline development
- Digital Twin support: Performance tracking for nuclear and thermal modeling
- Control Engine development - used for hardware integration, drivers for motors, encoders, flux detectors, temperature and pressure sensors
- Create production software to support data storage and automation of manufactured parts.
- Develop test software to control subsystem tests.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers.
- Drive requirements, provide expertise and feedback to engineers in other functional areas via clear, constructive communication.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field from an accredited institution .
- At least 5 year of software development experience:
- C, C++, or Python development experience is preferred.
- Prior use of code repositories, unit testing, performance benchmarking, and software review / release processes.
- Familiarity with good documentation practices and implementation of style guidelines.
- Ability to relocate to Radiant’s office in El Segundo, CA (Greater Los Angeles Area).
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Proficiency in distributed software development process.
- Exposure to physics or numerical modeling.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience building mission critical software.
- Proficiency in Kubernetes and/or DevOps infrastructure.
- Stock: Substantial incentive stock plan for all full time, salaried employees
- Medical: 100% up to base silver level plan for employee + 50% dependents, offers up to Platinum plans.
- Vision: 100% coverage + 50% for dependents
- Dental: 100% coverage, orthodontia extra, 50% for dependents
- Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness, Commuter and FSA are offered as employee contributed benefits.
- Vacation/Sick time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.