Radar is developer-friendly, privacy-first location data infrastructure. Location underpins many of the apps that we use every day, from hailing a ride to tagging photos to ordering food. The problem is that building solutions with location is still too challenging, clunky, and expensive. We’re on a mission to solve this.
The company was founded in 2016 and backed by Accel, Two Sigma Ventures, Expa, Heavybit, and other great investors.
We are currently 30 employees based out of New York City and San Francisco.
About the role
Radar is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to build and help design the Radar web application, including api explorers, open source UI Kits, storybook components, dashboards, documentation, landing pages, and more. The Radar web app allows engineers to build and debug location-based product experiences and explore Radar APIs.
You'll be our first full-time Front End engineer, so you'll have lots of autonomy and impact. We need to deliver a premier (think Stripe-like) experience for engineers, and a valuable, informative experience for PMs and marketers.
You'll face exciting product design and scaling challenges, working in a very small team. For example, what are interesting geospatial visualizations we can create from location data? What would it look like to build world-class location debugging tools on the web, like you would find in Stripe or Segment? This is some of the product surface area that this role will build out.
You will report to our Engineering Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Work on our current web application built with ES6, React, Redux, Next.js, Node, and MongoDB
- Build world-class developer tools in the Radar web dashboard to help our users build on Radar’s location data infrastructure
- Build API explorers and documentation portals
- Increase polish and improve navigation on our Home page
- Take new features from conception to shipped product
- A high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience
- Your own unique talents – we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all the qualifications
You’ll work with:
- Our executive team: Nick (CEO) and Tim Julien (CTO)
- Our Software Engineering team!
- Beryl Wang, Product Designer
- Competitive compensation package and equity plan
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with 100% premiums covered for you
- Weekly catered lunch and snacks
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free CitiBike membership
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.