Radar is the location context platform. Our mission is to make every app on every device contextually aware. Radar processes 100B+ locations per year from 100M+ devices worldwide. In April 2018, TechCrunch named us a top 12 up-and-coming enterprise startup in NYC.
Our team has backgrounds at companies like Foursquare and Facebook. We are backed by Accel, Expa, Fuel Capital, and great angels including Greg Brockman (previously CTO at Stripe) and Michael Katz (CEO at mParticle).
We're based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, New York City.
About the role
Radar is looking for a Staff Front End Engineer to build and help design the Radar web application, including the dashboard, documentation, onboarding, landing pages, and more. The Radar web app allows engineers, product managers, and marketers to configure Radar and view, analyze, export, and find insights from the location data that they collect with the Radar SDK and API.
You'll be our first full-time Front End engineer, so you'll have lots of autonomy and impact. We need to deliver a world-class (think Stripe-like) experience for engineers, and a valuable, insightful experience for PMs and marketers.
You'll face interesting product design and scaling challenges, working in a very small team. For example, what are interesting geospatial visualizations we can create from location data? What would it look like to build world-class location debugging tools on the web, like you would find in Stripe or Segment? This is some of the product surface area that this role will build out.
You will report to our CTO.
What you’ll do:
- Work on our current web application built with ES6, React, Redux, Next.js, Node, and MongoDB
- Build world-class developer tools in the Radar web dashboard to help our users build on Radar’s location data infrastructure
- Build API explorers and documentation portals
- Increase polish and improve navigation on our Home page
- Take new features from conception to shipped product
- A high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience
- Your own unique talents – we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all the qualifications
You’ll work with:
- Our executive team: Nick (CEO) and Tim (CTO)
- Our Software Engineering team!
- Beryl Wang, Product Designer
- Great compensation package and equity plan
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with 100% premiums covered for you
- Weekly catered lunch and snacks
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free CitiBike membership
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.