Radar is the location context platform. Our mission is to make every app on every device contextually aware. Radar processes 100B+ locations per year from 100M+ devices worldwide. In April 2018, TechCrunch named us a top 12 up-and-coming enterprise startup in NYC.
Our team has backgrounds at companies like Foursquare and Facebook. We are backed by Accel, Expa, Fuel Capital, and great angels including Greg Brockman (previously CTO at Stripe) and Michael Katz (CEO at mParticle).
We're based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, New York City.
About the role
Radar is looking for an Android Engineer to develop our Android SDK and sample apps. You'll also work in other parts of our stack (frontend, backend, iOS), since the best way to work on a customer-facing feature is sometimes to build the entire surface area across Android, iOS, frontend and backend.
The Radar SDK abstracts away the challenges and cross-platform differences of location services on iOS and Android, allowing developers to add location context and tracking to their apps with just a few lines of code.
You'll face interesting product design and scaling challenges, working in a very small team.
You will report to our CTO.
What you’ll do:
- Work on the Android SDK and Toolkit, built with Kotlin, and contribute to the architecture roadmap
- Work on other parts of the Radar stack: iOS, frontend, and backend
- Distribute and promote the SDK, including the sample code and documentation that goes with them
- Take new features from conception to shipped product
- 5+ years of mobile engineering experience with Kotlin
- Experience with location manager, a plus
- Experience building SDKs
- Your own unique talents – we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all the qualifications
You’ll work with:
- Our executive team: Nick (CEO) and Tim (CTO)
- Our Software Engineering team!
- Beryl Wang, Product Designer
- Great compensation package and equity plan
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with 100% premiums covered for you
- Weekly catered lunch and snacks
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free CitiBike membership
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.