Radar is the location context platform. Our mission is to make every app on every device contextually aware. Radar processes 100B+ locations per year from 100M+ devices worldwide. In April 2018, TechCrunch named us a top 12 up-and-coming enterprise startup in NYC.
Our team has backgrounds at companies like Foursquare and Facebook. We are backed by Accel, Expa, Fuel Capital, and great angels including Greg Brockman (previously CTO at Stripe) and Michael Katz (CEO at mParticle).
We're based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, New York City.
About the role
As the first Software Developer Advocate at Radar, you’ll create awareness, adoption, and love of Radar amongst the developer community. If you’re passionate about connecting with developers and promoting exciting new products, we’d love to hear from you.
You will report to the Head of Marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Establish relationships with developers around the world in a scalable way, by creating amazing resources to help them build location-aware apps with Radar
- Develop technical blog posts, tutorials, sample apps, videos, and documentation, and contribute to the developer community online (Github, Stack Overflow)
- Foster developer communities in-person by presenting at large-scale conferences
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities to grow our developer community
- Understand developer pain points and relay importance and scope to product and engineering teams
- Provide technical expertise and content to develop our brand and position in the location context space
- 3+ years of experience in developer relations
- Passion participating in the open source/developer community
- Experience with modern web and mobile technologies, including: object-oriented programming, web app development, iOS or Android development, shell or API scripting, or cloud infrastructure deployment
- Experience with behavioral analytics or marketing platforms, a plus
You’ll work with:
- Great compensation package and equity plan
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with 100% premiums covered for you
- Weekly catered lunch and snacks
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free CitiBike membership
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.