rabbit inc. is an AI company developing a personalized operating system through a natural language interface. Our key technologies speed up multimedia language model applications by an order of magnitude and enable real-time, application-programming-interface-free agency on any platform. We are focused on developing a dedicated hardware device for our operating system, which will be one of the first of its kind.
We are a small, fast-moving team based in Los Angeles. We are well-funded and backed by Khosla Ventures, led by Vinod Khosla, co-founder of Sun Microsystems.
At rabbit, we believe that the best way to realize the value of cutting-edge research is by creating delightful, end-user-oriented experiences with taste. We pride ourselves on being uniquely positioned to capture the opportunities during this technology renaissance with our product focus. Our team has created mature software, hardware, and designs that have impacted millions of people, making us one of the few capable of all components of the vertically integrated chain.
Our Core Values
We value individuals with:
- a deep curiosity about technology
- out-of-the-box problem-solving skills
- an understanding of building and operating complex systems in production
- an obsession with customers and crafting experiences
- a sense of responsibility and teamwork
About The Role
The device platform team at rabbit builds low-level software running on our hardware prototypes. You will be working closely with our design, cloud, and hardware teams to bring our magical experiences to our devices.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will look like:
- Customize our on-device operating system to meet our usage requirements, and perform various performance benchmarks and optimizations.
- Implement UI and UX features for our hardware experience, including animations, text display, and interaction patterns, with guidance from our design team.
- Integrate machine learning features such as speech recognition, speech synthesis, natural language processing, and computer vision into our operating system, either on-device or over-cloud.
- Collaborate with our cloud team to co-implement and optimize communication protocols between our device and our cloud.
- Independently execute tasks, solve problems, and report to technical leadership, with the goal of leading a broader team of full-time employees and interns in the future.
We’d love to see you comfortable with:
- Working with the AOSP stack.
- Shipping consumer software at scale.
- Working with mobile devices.
- Integrating with cutting-edge, AI-native services on-device or over-cloud.
- Implementing new interaction paradigms, combined with great skills in designing application architecture.
This role is ideal for candidates who have four or more years of industry experience.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with a tablet form factor.
- Experience with on-device audio processing (playback, capture, noise cancellation, echo cancellation).
- Experience with WebRTC.
This role is based in our Los Angeles headquarters. However, we may consider remote candidates in exceptional circumstances.
Compensation And Benefits
The annual salary range for this role is $130,000 - $180,000. The final package may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience. Based on eligibility, rabbit offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, PTO and other employee benefits.
At rabbit, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.