Qwick is changing the way people work. We leverage technology to empower Food and Beverage Professionals (banquet servers, bartenders, cooks, dishwashers) to match with highly-rated Hospitality Businesses (catering, hotels, venues, restaurants) that need them.
We are passionate about the work that we do and the culture that we’re building while doing it. Our cultural values are an important part of who we are.
- Free to be us - We embrace diversity within mindsets, ideas, race, culture, background, and the things that make us uniquely us.
- Hustle responsibly - We work hard and we make time to rest and play in order to stay our best.
- Stand up for what's right - We don’t just do the right thing, but we hold others accountable to act with integrity as well.
- We are human - We act with compassion to take care of ourselves, our team, our families, our Business Partners, and our Professionals.
- Constantly curious - We seek knowledge from within and outside of Qwick and are continually learning through our successes and challenges.
- Never give up - We welcome change, celebrate failure, and always keep moving forward.
About the Role
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be the person that will be the hero to the Engineering team: someone who comes in and makes everybody’s life easier and our daily work smoother. An empathetic person looking to elevate DX across the board. Everything from optimizing Docker containers and Kubernetes, to making our deploying faster and more reliable, to improving and extending the tools we use everyday. You’ll be finding all of the things that can be automated and doing it so that we can scale our small team and outperform the competition. You’ll be working closely with Engineering, QA, Product, and Design to help elevate improving daily work over the daily work itself.
You’ll get to drive our DevOps organization, choose how to solve problems, and get ownership over your part of the product. A high degree of autonomy is expected, but the whole team is here to help you out where we can. You’re going to have the ability to have a huge impact across our entire engineering team and we’re excited to see what you can do!
We’re a small team and intend to stay small, so you’ll be working closely with (somewhat) intelligent, creative, motivated, and fun people. We’re all highly empathetic to both our customers and to each other. Opinions are challenged, but people are celebrated. We love working at Qwick and bringing a better way of life to our Professionals is more of a passion than just a “9-5" type job. We’re always up for any task, even those outside our job description. We love working with each other and the people that work at Qwick are what makes us special.
Being in a senior position, you’ll also have the opportunity to help others better themselves in DevOps. While you won’t have a direct report, you may have an understudy that you can help mentor and guide through their journey. You will be reporting directly to the VP of Engineering.
What you can expect in your first 90 days
As with any new job, you’re going to be learning a lot. We like to lead with context so that means that we’d like for you to understand a lot of what we do and (more importantly) why we’re doing what we’re doing. Then if you have a better way, let’s see how we can do it. We have multiple needs currently, so in addition to learning, we’ll be looking to you to:
- Automating at-will setup/teardown of environments for developers/designers
- Speeding up CI/CD
- Upgrading various dependencies throughout the stack (PostgreSQL/frameworks/etc…)
- Helping create and End-To-End testing environment which QA will write tests for
- Improving the environment for mobile app development
Compensation for this role is $135k - $160k commensurate with experience.
Requirements and Qwalifications
- 4+ years of DevOps experience
- Enjoy mentoring and helping others
- Can work both in groups and autonomously when needed
- Empathetic towards both your teammates and our customers
- Can actively listen to and understand other people’s points of view
- Enjoy working with extroverted people
- Problem solver and customer-centered
- Can present and explain complex topics to non-technical individuals
- Sweet DJ skills for Turntable.fm
- Phoenix-based or able to relocate
- Competitive pay + Employee Stock Option plan
- Work from home flexibility
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance + 401k
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Employee support resources
- Short- and long-term disability benefits
Qwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.