Qvin is becoming a global leader in Women's Health. Our health technology platform helps women manage their health better, through a non-invasive blood collection device named the “Q-Pad”.
Qvin is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist to process patient samples in an accurate and efficient way following standard operating procedures.
Over 70% of the decisions our doctors make are influenced by blood test results. However, the blood our bodies naturally deliver every month has never been explored as a testing source. Qvin is the first healthcare service to use period blood as a non-invasive blood test, giving women an easy, insightful way to monitor existing health issues, proactively screen for others, and go into doctor visits more informed and confident of their own health.
In this role you will work under the supervision of the Laboratory Lead in running novel assays in a CLIA-certified laboratory, ensuring high standards for patient sample testing and results reporting. The CLS will follow standard operating procedures with high fidelity in order to deliver accurate results to patients. As the range of assays Qvin provides grows, you will be responsible for independently organizing and prioritizing your work, which will span multiple projects. You will be an essential part of a small team where effective communication and flexibility in tasks and working schedules will be important. If you are a CLS interested in women’s health and innovative technologies, this role may be a great fit for you.
- Collect, prepare and evaluate patient specimens for analysis and perform moderate and high complexity laboratory testing in compliance with CAP/CLIA guidelines
- Operate laboratory instruments and equipment according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures
- Prepare reagents for use on laboratory equipment and maintain records for
- Recognize unusual patient results and identify problems in analytical procedures/systems; respond with appropriate investigation and/or corrective action
- Perform maintenance on instruments and equipment, troubleshooting assays and equipment which fail to perform adequately
- Observe established safety guidelines and maintain cleanliness of the laboratory
- Keep a meticulous and organized record of specimens, tests, instrument logs, and technical analyses
- Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary
- Assist in supporting tasks needed for clinical laboratory licensure, including quality management functions, documentation, and on-site inspections of the laboratory
- Continuing education activities to maintain an updated understanding and knowledge of laboratory methods and expectations.
- Accurately document and maintain all records for equipment and instruments
- Support the administrative functions of the lab as required
What We’re Looking For
- Current California Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) licensed (generalist, microbiologist, CGMBS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or an associated field.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a CAP/CLIA laboratory environment
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment and to work on simultaneous projects under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy when working in the laboratory
- Ability to analyze and solve basic issues
- Effective and proactive communicator who maintains open and honest communication between various stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, quality control applications, word processing, specifically spreadsheets
Nice to Have
- Experience in molecular testing, liquid biopsy, and PCR
- Experience with implementing laboratory automation
- Experience working with Dendi LIS
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings
Working at Qvin
We’re a mission-driven, hard-working team. We care tremendously about each other and our mission. This means we invest time in spending time with each other outside of office hours and we will answer an email at 1am if need be. We have a relaxed office atmosphere where we culture autonomy. We love creating traditions and celebrating more often than not. We respect boundaries from our team and also prioritize work-life balance. After-all, both our founders come from Denmark.
Benefits and Perks:
- Great compensation package and equity plan
- Medical and Dental included (dependents included up to 80%)
- Menlo Park Office, Manufacturing and Laboratory with a fun team!
- Generous vacation and parental leave
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Clause
Qvin values diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.