Qvin is becoming a global leader in Women's Health. Our health technology platform helps women manage their health better, through a non-invasive blood collection device named the “Q-Pad”.
Qvin is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Lab Assistant to help bring online a new clinical testing laboratory.
Over 70% of the decisions our doctors make are influenced by blood test results. However, the blood our bodies naturally deliver every month has never been explored as a testing source. Qvin is the first healthcare service to use period blood as a non-invasive blood test, giving women an easy, insightful way to monitor existing health issues, proactively screen for others, and go into doctor visits more informed and confident of their own health.
In this role you will work under the supervision of the Laboratory Lead to assist in building out the Qvin Lab. You will assist in pre-analytical activities in our clinical lab, such as sample inbounding and accessioning, and preparing reagents for use on instrumentation. You will also be responsible for general laboratory maintenance tasks, such as inspecting instrumentation and keeping the laboratory tidy. If you enjoy hands-on laboratory work and are interested in improving women’s health, this might be a good fit for you.
- Inspect and inbound patient samples in a timely manner
- Prepare reagents for use on laboratory analyzers
- Perform basic maintenance and inspection on instruments and equipment
- Assist in basic data gathering and data entry
- Adhere to laboratory policies regarding safety
- Assist in monitoring laboratory inventory, such as reagents and consumables
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences field (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience working in a life sciences lab
- Prior experience following detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and Slack
- Desire to work in a rapidly changing environment and wear a lot of hats
Nice to Have
- Experience with Beckman Coulter analyzers (AU480 and DxI 600)
- Experience working in the CLIA/CAP certified laboratory environment
Working at Qvin
We’re a mission-driven, hard-working team. We care tremendously about each other and our mission. This means we invest time in spending time with each other outside of office hours and we will answer an email at 1am if need be. We have a relaxed office atmosphere where we culture autonomy. We love creating traditions and celebrating more often than not. We respect boundaries from our team and also prioritize work-life balance. After-all, both our founders come from Denmark.
Benefits and Perks:
- Great compensation package and equity plan
- Medical and Dental included (dependents included up to 80%)
- Menlo Park Office, Manufacturing and Laboratory with a fun team!
- Generous vacation and parental leave
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Clause
Qvin values diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.