Qvin is becoming a global leader in Women's Health. Our health technology platform helps women manage their health better, through a non-invasive blood collection device named the “Q-Pad”.
Qvin is seeking a part-time Scientific Writer to take ownership of preparing manuscripts for publication to peer-reviewed journals.
Over 70% of the decisions our doctors make are influenced by blood test results. However, the blood our bodies naturally deliver every month has never been explored as a testing source. Qvin is the first healthcare service to use period blood as a non-invasive blood test, giving women an easy, insightful way to monitor existing health issues, proactively screen for others, and go into doctor visits more informed and confident of their own health.
In this role you will work with a team of scientists to publish the research Qvin is conducting in the women’s health space through writing abstracts, manuscripts and publications, which includes research areas such as diagnostic testing and detection of critical disease. You will be responsible for finding and reading relevant literature and ensuring proper citations. You are well-organized and have experience with formatting different types of publications and presentations.
- Write, edit, and submit scientific manuscripts for publication to peer-reviewed journals
- Assist in preparing conference materials such as posters and presentations
- Independently analyze data from various sources (clinical trials, laboratory, etc.) and give recommendations to the clinical research team and laboratory staff based on these findings
- Conduct thorough literature searches and reviews
- Keep track of submission deadlines and requirements, ensuring manuscripts meet the requirements for each journal
- Support Qvin in identifying and writing grant applications
- Serve as point of contact with scientific journal editors and staff
What We’re Looking For
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in the life sciences or healthcare fields (current PhD candidates will also be considered)
- Successful experience with writing and submitting manuscripts for publication
- Strong understanding of formatting for research papers and publications
- Ability to work with a team of scientists in a collaborative manner
Nice to Have’s
- Experience from the Women's Health space, ideally ObGyn.
- Experience and involvement with clinical trial planning and execution
- Experience in biostatistics is a plus
Working at Qvin
We’re a mission-driven, hard-working team. We care tremendously about each other and spend time together outside of office hours. We also care tremendously about our mission and we will answer an email at 1am if needed. We have a relaxed office atmosphere with a culture of autonomy. We love creating traditions and celebrating more often than not. We respect boundaries from our team and also prioritize work-life balance. After-all, both our founders come from Denmark.
Benefits and Perks:
- Great compensation package and equity plan
- Medical and Dental included (dependents included up to 80%)
- Menlo Park Office, Manufacturing and Laboratory with a fun team!
- Generous vacation and parental leave
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Clause
Qvin values diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.