Qvin is becoming a global leader in Women's Health. Our health technology platform helps women manage their health better, through a non-invasive blood collection device named the “Q-Pad”.
Qvin is seeking an experienced Medical Lead, to expand the opportunities at Qvin, a high growth company in the Women's Health space.
Over 70% of the decisions our doctors make are influenced by blood test results. However, the blood our bodies naturally deliver every month has never been explored as a testing source. Qvin is the first healthcare service to use period blood as a non-invasive blood test, giving women an easy, insightful way to monitor existing health issues, proactively screen for others, and go into doctor visits more informed and confident of their own health.
You will be in charge of planning large multi-site studies for various clinical applications. You will design studies that meet the clinical outcomes needed for FDA/LDT approvals. You will be responsible for our partnerships with e.g. University Hospitals, as well as establishing new partnerships for clinical sites. You will also be responsible for writing new trial descriptions for grant opportunities, and help execute in these, e.g. in collaboration with the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.
- Define the clinical indications relevant for our platform
- Set-up multi site studies for new and existing indications
- Communicate with regulatory bodies
- Design and Manage clinical trials
- Write publications, abstracts, and grant applications
- Present data at various conferences
- Set up partnerships with relevant experts, pharmaceutical companies, and University Hospitals
What We’re Looking For:
- M.D with significant experience in Women’s health conditions
- Industry experience leading medical product and teams
- Extensive experience setting up and designing clinical trials
- Experience in working with the FDA
- Strong writer of scientific publications
- Clear communications skills and ability to work with team members in the same and adjacent disciplines
Nice to Haves (criteria for Senior Level):
- 5+ years of experience in industry
- Deep OB/GYN knowledge and clinical experience
- Strong scientific writing skills
- Experience hiring and building teams
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools used for data analysis and ability to independently perform advanced analyses of sequencing data.
- Ability to program in a scientific programming language (e.g., Python or R) and perform bioinformatics/statistical analysis, to enable experimental iteration, independent of external support
- Understand the biology of human cell-free nucleic acids, single-cell analysis methods, immunology, and/or cancer biology
- Experience working in a regulated laboratory environment (CLIA, GLP/GCLP, IVD development)
- A good network with clinicians
Working at Qvin
Working from Menlo Park, CA, we’re a mission-driven, hard-working team. We care tremendously about each other and our mission. This means we invest time in spending time with each other outside of office hours, answering email at 1 am if need be; we’re a startup! We have a relaxed office atmosphere where we culture autonomy. We love creating traditions and celebrating more often than not. We respect boundaries from our team, and also prioritize work-life balance. After-all, both our founders come from Denmark.
Benefits and Perks:
- Great compensation package and equity plan
- Medical and Dental included (dependents included up to 80%)
- Generous vacation and parental leave
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Clause:
Qvin values diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.