Qvin is seeking an experienced and hands-on Engineering Manager for our high growth company in the Women's Health space.
Over 70% of the decisions our doctors make are influenced by blood test results. However, the blood our bodies naturally deliver every month has never been explored as a testing source. Qvin is the first healthcare service to use period blood as a non-invasive blood test, giving women an easy, insightful way to monitor existing health issues, proactively screen for others, and go into doctor visits more informed and confident of their own health.
We are looking for a hands-on, talented, motivated Engineering Manager to join our distributed development team, joining our team in San Francisco. We have a passion for great software, cutting-edge technology, data science, and machine learning.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be in charge of leading and growing the team that develops our platform and mobile applications. You will be working closely with our business, product and medical team to enhance its feature set further, while advancing good engineering practices on the dev-team. You will be in charge of the frontend, backend, data, and operations side of our platform, including its production operations in Google cloud. We're running Kubernetes, docker, BigQuery, and DataStudio, and cloud composer in production, in a safe and scalable way. You will ensure security, deployment, and business continuity procedures while keeping a tight focus on automation and CICD.
Together with the product team, you will help push new features through a Quality Controlled environment, while managing our distributed team of software developers from around the globe. We value experimental and "fail-fast" style atmosphere, where ideas and initiative are valued higher than failing for not trying. However, we also operate in an FDA regulated environment, so quality and process focus is also essential. We offer competitive salaries, bonuses, and a fixed position on our development team.
What we’re looking for
In this engineering position, your primary responsibility will be to bring our product to the market, using our existing framework and technology stack. We have a product in place and need to grow its feature set, the development team, and the quality of the system.
We will work closely together to make sure you understand the setup, staged deployment, and validation of code. Despite parts of our code are under FDA oversight, we have a lean and flexible quality system, that assures the code we write is in conformance with all regulations. We spend time on solid requirements, documentation, quality assurance, and software security.
As Qvin's Engineering Manager, you will:
- Work hands-on with the development team, and ideally also function as a full stack developer
- Manage multiple developers across a distributed team
- Manage the identification and implementation of issues (understanding business goals, translating this into concepts with product management, and turning this into technical development plans)
- Lead the full stack experience across mobile, web, and backend
- Software operations and security, such as monitoring, surveillance, scalability and restore procedures
- Manage microservices architecture through cloud services such as Twilio, Auth0, etc.
Preferably, you also have experience with:
- Release management such as feature toggles, canary builds, and release trains
- Cloud technologies such as GCE, k8s, and docker
- CICD, DevOps and test automation
- It's a plus if you have experience with FHIR standards
We use modern technologies across the company, and always favor managed services over self-hosted. Our stack includes:
- Mobile: Flutter and Dart for cross-platform mobile (iOS and Android)
- Backend portals: Angular 5 and SCSS
- Customer-facing web: Gatsby/React, TypeScript, Contentful
- Microservices: Kotlin, Java, Spring, Hibernate, Gradle, Fluentium, Gitlab and IntelliJ for application development
- Operations: Google Cloud Platform (Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, AirFlow, BigQuery, pub-sub, Stripe, Shippo, Twilio)
Working at Qvin
We’re a mission-driven, hard-working team. We care tremendously about each other and our mission. This means we invest time in spending time with each other outside of office hours and we will answer an email at 1am if need be. We have a relaxed office atmosphere where we culture autonomy. We love creating traditions and celebrating more often than not. We respect boundaries from our team and also prioritize work-life balance. After-all both our founders come from Denmark.
With both founders being from Denmark wellcare is very much in the DNA of the company and we prioritize taking care of each other.
Benefits and Perks
- Great compensation package and equity plan
- Medical and Dental included (dependents included up to 80%)
- SF Office with fun co-working space and good vibes* (currently affected due to covid, current on flex schedule)
- Generous vacation and parental leave
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Clause:
Qvin values diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.