We are seeking a skilled Python developer to work on web crawling projects, along with API implementations and other data analytics tasks.
At Quovo, there are many opportunities to develop, explore, and grow your skills. Learning is encouraged by our company culture with hackathons, workshops, classes, and more. We offer fun group activities, including team lunches at some of Zagat’s best restaurants, after work drinks, and film debates around the water cooler.
If you’ve ever enjoyed feeling like a hacker or data detective, this might be the job for you. To tackle big assignments, we work in teams, often bridging multiple departments in the company. Having strong problem solving skills and a positive attitude will go a long way in this role.
Skills and experience:
- Extensive experience with Python (at least 2-3 years)
- Strong understanding of HTTP and webservers
- Website crawling, DOM parsing, other data mining/retrieval experience
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with common crawling, extracting, and data processing technologies/techniques
- Basic database experience, e.g. SQL
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English
Please apply below, and include some examples of your code (a github link works great!) and be prepared to receive a coding challenge if you continue through the application process.