Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As a Customer Support Associate you will be dedicated to providing the best possible customer support to our clients via email and email as part of a dynamic and collaborative Support Team.
Who You Are
The role of the Customer Support Associate is responsible for resolving customer queries, recommending solutions and guiding product users through features and functionalities. This role requires excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
What is Expected:
- Support clients through the help desk function and provide customer service using email, in-app chat, and Slack
- Partner with the Customer Success team in tracking customer issues and requests
- Manage incoming support tickets
- Deliver first-tier platform support and handles the initial research, troubleshooting and resolution of customer issues
- Provide guidance to customers on navigating help document, web resources, and self-service tools
- Take a proactive ‘customer-first’ approach
- Meet and strive to exceed company retention and customer satisfaction goals
- Handle special projects or requests from Customer Success team
- Meet or exceed support metrics like time to first response, time to resolution, internal SLAs, and internal customer satisfaction scores
The Customer Support Associate must have the following specific skills and experiences rank-ordered according to importance:
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Have finished or be completing a college degree
- Experience in customer service center or help desk environment providing customer service through email, in-app chat, and Slack
- Regularly drives the rest of the team forward by building systems that anticipate problems before they occur or otherwise provide early warning indicators that can be acted upon in a timely manner. After proactively anticipating one problem, regularly reviews broader landscape (e.g., client portfolio) to assess whether or not the issue could impact other groups.
- Experience with ticketing solutions such as Atlassian, Jira, ZenDesk, Salesforce Service Cloud, etc
- Exceptional attention to detail
It would be nice to have a Customer Support Associate with the following specific skills and experiences rank-ordered according to importance:
- Characteristic: A personal or professional background or identity that would enrich Customer Success Team (e.g., help to bring a new perspective/understanding to Quorum or our users)
- Any level of experience with at least one of the following spaces: B2B SaaS, international experience, and public affairs.
- Skill/Capability: Applied technical skills - Can translate technical functionality into appropriate use cases that drive value for the client and has experience with CSS or HTML.
- Skill/Capability: Applied data analysis or statistical skills and has experience with SQL.
What You'll Do:
- First Week: You'll learn the ins and outs of the Quorum platform, test yourself on common use cases, and get to know the Quorum team
- First Month: You’ll start to provide direct support to clients with assistance and continue to develop knowledge of the product and how everyday users interact with it
- First Six Months: You will take point on helping people understand how to best use Quorum through a mix of direct support interactions as well as self-service offerings
- First Year: You’ll build out Help Center resources, product guides, and work with the team to fine-tune the product for optimal usability
About the Customer Success Team
- We’re responsible for ensuring that clients have an amazing experience with Quorum
- We provide team and individual product demonstrations and trainings that promote best practices in the government affairs space
- We are dedicated to every user’s success and address challenges quickly and creatively
- We act as staunch advocates for our clients, including identifying and responding to diverse client use cases
- We take pride in developing personal relationships with our users and our team
- We regularly support one another to ensure the success of our team and our clients
- We're very close as a company—we work together, hang out together, and we value each others' ideas and input
Company Benefits & Perks
- Robust and competitive benefits package fully paid by the company
- Health and Dental insurance
- Flexible food stamp
- Work from home allowance
- English tutoring
- All the Alura Courses available for all the employees!
- Mental Health Incentive
- Flexible working hours
- A highly accountable culture with coaching and development to support personal and professional growth
- Teambuilding activities and lots of collaboration
- An opportunity to meet and interact with leaders from government, organizations, and technology
For any questions regarding any open roles on our team, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Customer Support Associate role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.
Please submit your resume in English.