Based in Washington, D.C., Quorum is a fast-growing software company and is the leading provider of workflow software and information services for government affairs professionals across the corporations, non-profits, associations, and governmental end-markets. Quorum allows users to manage stakeholder engagement, launch grassroots advocacy campaigns, and track legislative activity at all levels of government, including federal, state and local.
Quorum provides mission-critical solutions to public affairs professionals for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and 30+ countries around the globe. Quorum serves over 2,000 customers globally including over 50% of the Fortune 100, and has over 350 team members across the globe. The company recently acquired Capitol Canary, a market leader in grassroots advocacy software.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You will be introduced to Quorum’s sales process playbook, start exploring the Quorum software platform, and get to know the dedicated members of the Quorum Business Development team.
- First Month: You will participate in our sales training program, complete a product demonstration certification, and develop a targeted account prospecting strategy with your manager.
- First Six Months: You will execute on government sales strategies to build a strong pipeline of opportunities, develop potential partnership channels, and move opportunities into the contracting stage, and close revenue
- First Year: You will meet hundreds of government legislative and congressional affairs professionals around the world, close a handful of large and several mid-5-figure sales, meet and/or exceed an annual revenue quota, and have a real impact on a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works in Washington DC and beyond.
- You have 5 years+ experience in selling SaaS solutions to government professionals and engaging with multiple stakeholders and committee decisions
- You take pride in developing a targeting sourcing strategy and mapping your territory to take advantage of ever-changing opportunities to leverage Quorum’s product suite
- You have experience in sourcing and moving $150k+ ARR opportunities through the sales cycle to exceed annual quotas over $750k ARR (not including renewals)
- You’re an especially strong candidate if you have experience with government contracting and/or procurement processes with demonstrated ability to assimilate many complex business needs into a customized solution
- You will stand out if you have experience within the public affairs, lobbying, or related markets OR Civilian Government Agencies and other federal government agencies
- You are a superstar if you have professional training in a variety of consultative selling approaches
- And, of course, you’re a highly-motivated self-starter that is eager to contribute to the team from Day One
About the Business Development Team
- We are proud to serve as the first-impression about what it is like to work with Quorum
- We strive to understand our buyers’ challenges and recommend the best possible solutions that enable them to achieve their goals
- We earn clients’ trust by taking an intentionally respectful approach to competition
- We foster a supportive environment where peer-to-peer feedback helps drive personal and professional growth
- We work hard to serve as thought leaders in the public affairs industry, which means that we regularly follow political news, government affairs trends, and read case studies
- We understand and appreciate that our work is a critical driver for annual company growth
Our Work Environment:
- We are a hybrid team with flexible work options: work remotely or choose to come into our vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office in Washington DC.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office - both together and remote, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, virtual art classes and wine tasting.
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings: $122,000–$178,000 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
- Base Salary: $82,000–$118,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Benefits: 401(k), trans-inclusive health/dental/vision, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days - one designated day per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Monthly professional development stipend
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Access to the CIGNA Ginger App to provide behavioral health coaching, therapy, psychiatry and self-care resources
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
For any questions regarding any open roles on our team, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Account Executive role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.