Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You will be introduced to Quorum’s sales process playbook, start exploring the Quorum software platform, and get to know the dedicated members of the Quorum Business Development team.
- First Month: You will participate in our sales training program, complete a product demonstration certification, and develop a targeted account prospecting strategy with your manager.
- First Six Months: You will execute on government sales strategies to build a strong pipeline of opportunities, develop potential partnership channels, and move opportunities into the contracting stage, and close revenue
- First Year: You will meet hundreds of government legislative and congressional affairs professionals around the world, close a handful of large and several mid-5-figure sales, meet and/or exceed an annual revenue quota, and have a real impact on a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works in Washington DC and beyond.
- You have 5 years+ experience in selling SaaS solutions to government professionals and engaging with multiple stakeholders and committee decisions
- You take pride in developing a targeting sourcing strategy and mapping your territory to take advantage of ever-changing opportunities to leverage Quorum’s product suite
- You have experience in sourcing and moving $150k+ ARR opportunities through the sales cycle to exceed annual quotas over $1M ARR
- You’re an especially strong candidate if you have experience with government contracting and/or procurement processes with demonstrated ability to assimilate many complex business needs into a customized solution
- You will stand out if you have experience within the public affairs, lobbying, or related markets OR Department of Defense and other federal government agencies
- You are a superstar if you have professional training in a variety of consultative selling approaches
- And, of course, you’re a highly-motivated self-starter that is eager to contribute to the team from Day One
About the Business Development Team
- We are proud to be the engine of growth for our company year over year without the need for outside investment
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum on the emerging markets team is a unique and particularly fulfilling experience because each team member not only has a direct impact on our year over year growth rates and contributes to our culture of building the business we’d want to do business with, but also serves on the front lines of expanding Quorum’s footprint
- We are dedicated to recommending the best possible solution for the challenges prospects identify and having an honest discourse with our buyer
- We take pride in earning the trust of our market through an intentionally respectful approach to competition
- We regularly provide peer-to-peer feedback and coaching for one another to ensure the success of our team
- We work hard to foster an ambitious and supportive environment, where discourse and peer-to-peer accountability help drive personal and professional growth
- We are curious, hardworking, and pursue our goals with perseverance and passion
- We are searching for high-energy Federal Government Account Executive who can recognize opportunities, articulate professional and personal obstacles, and turn leads into long-lasting partnerships
Our Work Environment:
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least January 2022. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings: $135,000–$200,000 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
- Base Salary: $90,000–$135,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Benefits: 401(k), trans-inclusive health/dental/vision, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Account Executive role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.