Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As Salesforce Administrator, you will report to the Sales Operations Manager in order to help administer the Salesforce instance of the organization and support all functions in the business to win revenue.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You will get to know all the members of the Sales Operations team - a Sales Operations Manager, a Director of Sales Operations, a Deal Desk Manager and Counsel, and a Deal Desk Coordinator. You will learn how each role contributes and works within the team to support revenue growth through renewals, expansion and new logo sales.
- First Month: You will begin to train in the Quorum Salesforce instance - learning business processes, how the system ties together, and how the business representatives use the system. You will shadow sales reps as they use the system as well as work with the Sales Operations Manager to get acclimated to the case management and sprint systems.
- First Six Months: You will take over the case management function in Salesforce - handling incoming Salesforce requests for maintenance, submitting larger requests to Jira, and working with team members to solve day to day problems in Salesforce.
- First Year: You will work with the Sales Operations Manager to build out enhancements for the Salesforce instance in sprints and focus on the day to day optimization of Salesforce for the team members who have access.
- You have at least 1 year of experience in Salesforce Administration and a strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity.
- You take pride in your ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with many different types of people across an organization.
- You take pride in owning the execution of projects. You possess the ability and the desire to solve problems effectively collaborating with a team as much as working independently.
- You have an inquisitive mind and are interested in learning, enhancing, and building out the Quorum Salesforce instance and business processes.
- You possess a positive solutions-oriented approach to solving challenges that come up working in a dynamic environment.
- You have experience working within an Agile environment.
About the Sales Operations Team
- We take pride in keeping the metaphorical train on its track at a high-growth start-up
- We believe that precedent is not best practice—we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow. In doing so, we live by Quorum’s growth principles to Take the Lead and Own the Execution
- We pay attention to the details and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provides peace of mind to our team members, clients, and vendors
- We're close as a company—we work together, spend time together, and value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment:
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least June 1, 2021. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program. All candidates need to be willing and able to relocate to the Washington DC area in 2021
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings: $60,000.00–$66,000.00 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
- Base Salary: $55,000.00-$61,000.00 (commensurate with experience)
- Variable Compensation: Plus bonuses up to $5,000.00 based upon hitting key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Benefits: 401(k), trans-inclusive health/dental/vision, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Account Executive role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.