Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As the Chief People Officer, you will report directly to our Cofounder & CEO. You will serve on Quorum’s Executive Team in support of the overall mission and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of inclusion and diversity, employee well-being, continuous workforce improvement and planning, change management, performance management, training and development, total rewards, and policy development and compliance. As the Chief People Officer, making Quorum a top-notch, diverse workplace where team members flourish is your number one focus.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- First Week: You’ll meet with the leadership team and team members to understand and learn about the Quorum culture and values and begin to lay the track—the structure, expertise, and peace of mind—that enables Quorum to move forward and succeed.
- First Month: You’ll develop an observation deck to present to the Executive Team on your insights and observations of the key areas of focus and your general approach to addressing the outlined objectives of Inclusion, Diversity, Culture, Progressive Performance, Learning and Development, and Talent Acquisition. You will also begin to demonstrate value as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, specifically by acting as a model for setting high-level strategic direction and executing with precision with establishing relationships with the CEO/Founder, peers, leaders and team members as a trusted advisor throughout the organization.
- First Six Months: You’ll deliver on key milestones of the People Strategy Roadmap that begin to immediately impact the culture and performance of the employees and leadership team members. You will also drive efforts to enhance Quorum’s community, after two years of remote work and build upon the amazing culture that has attracted many team members to Quorum.
- First Year: You’ll successfully complete the top 5 objectives of the role which include:
- Increasing the tenure of high-performing team members by creating high-potential career pathways.
- Developing a series of action-orientated training programs to develop and grow the strength and capability of all leaders in the organization.
- Creating an exciting and new onboarding process to introduce new team members to Quorum’s culture, performance expectations, and company values.
- Executing on strategy and approach to talent acquisition that will ensure we exceed hiring goals.
- Grow Quorum’s efforts in Inclusion and Diversity by engaging policies and programs that promote I&D as a driving force behind our exceptional culture, engagement and company success.
You will also be able to measure the impact you have had on the business, culture, employees, leadership, and diversity as we have scaled.
- You are a visionary leader who feels confident merging both business goals and people strategies to design multi-year strategic plans.
- You want to make a meaningful impact on the growth strategy of a start-up and have experience serving as a member of an Executive Leadership Team (C-Suite/SVP Level) and/or Executive Management Team (VP Level)
- You have deep expertise in talent and people management, including cultivating learning environments that attract, develop, and retain top-notch diverse talent.
- You take pride in building an engaged team culture that emphasizes belonging, inclusion, and trust. We’d be particularly excited about you if you've previously developed or sponsored company-wide inclusion and diversity efforts.
- You are an agile problem solver with a record of success building and scaling People Operation team.
- You have a strong track record of building dynamic and engaging cultures. It is your passion, and you approach it in a unique way.
- You have designed equitable global total rewards systems and advocate for team members resource needs.
- And, of course, you love a good challenge
About the Talent and Culture team
- We pay attention to detail and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provides peace of mind to clients and team members alike (e.g., we run payroll on-time, every time)
- We believe that precedent is not best practice—we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow.
- We have a wide-scope of responsibility, serving as the chief subject matter experts on all things human resources.
- We're a lean team and each one of us is excited to pitch in wherever.
- We assume positive intentions and employ our varied professional backgrounds to help one another grow (e.g., 1:1 coaching to transfer skills).
We work in a fun environment where we form real friendships with other professionals. Quorum team members have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup.
Our Work Environment:
- Quorum is a hybrid company headquartered in Washington, DC with team members working in Quorum’s office, in hybrid, and fully remote arrangements. The majority of our clients and team members are located in D.C. and so candidates for this role will need to be within easy commuting distance of Washington DC and willing to spend time in the office a couple of days a month.
- Our vibrant, sunlight, open concept office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our executive team comes together for weekly meetings along with quarterly in person retreats to provide business team updates, address strategic challenges, and build team relationships.
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings: $250,000-$300,000 (OTE expectations commensurate with experience)
- Stock Options: Stock options commensurate with experience will be included with an offer.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days - one Friday per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Monthly professional development stipend
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Access to the CIGNA Ginger App to provide behavioral health coaching, therapy, psychiatry and self-care resources
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave