Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As Director of Business Development, you will report to our Chief Sales Officer in order to successfully lead our team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to meet or exceed all outbound opportunity targets. The Director of Business Development will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring a team of Business Development Representatives and Business Development Managers through giving routine and active feedback.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll learn the ins and outs of the Quorum products and meet the dedicated members of our Business Development team.
- First Month: You will work closely with your direct manager, the Chief Sales Officer, to successfully onboard into your new role. You will begin to oversee daily Business Development Representative activities.
- First Six Months: You will develop and execute on new strategies to build a strong team of Business Development Representatives through lead generation and constant communication with our Account Executive team.
- First Year: You will be responsible for the Business Development team meeting or exceeding Meeting Completed and Opportunity Creation targets. You will hire and develop team members while taking responsibility for a source of new leads that is predictable and scalable. And, you will develop a system to regularly update outbound messaging and cadences.
- You have 3+ years of experience leading an outbound sales team with at least 10 BDRs that schedule 15-20+ meetings per BDR per month
- You are an experienced hiring manager who is able to articulate what competencies and characteristics you look for when hiring and upskilling a top-notch, diverse team of BDRs
- You use a variety of data-driven productivity models combined with proactive one-on-one team member coaching to identify and address common sales prospecting challenges (e.g., low activity, poor scripting, etc.)
- You can provide a track record of your performance on the following metrics over the past three (3) to five (5) years: Meetings Scheduled and/or Opportunities Created Per BDR Per Month/Quarter, Meeting to Opportunity Conversion Rate, Number of BDRs, and Leads by Source (e.g., 15% MQLs, 85% outbound prospecting)
- You take pride in delivering a strong return on investment of the Business Development function, as defined by increasing the Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) generated per BDR over time
- You are an especially strong candidate if you can share anecdotes of how you work with Sales Managers to ensure seamless partnerships between BDRs and Account Executives
About the Business Development Team
- We are proud to be the engine of growth for our company year over year without the need for outside investment
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum on the emerging markets team is a unique and particularly fulfilling experience because each team member not only has a direct impact on our year over year growth rates and contributes to our culture of building the business we’d want to do business with, but also serves on the front lines of expanding Quorum’s footprint
- We are dedicated to recommending the best possible solution for the challenges prospects identify and having an honest discourse with our buyer
- We take pride in earning the trust of our market through an intentionally respectful approach to competition
- We regularly provide peer-to-peer feedback and coaching for one another to ensure the success of our team
- We work hard to foster an ambitious and supportive environment, where discourse and peer-to-peer accountability help drive personal and professional growth
- We are curious, hardworking, and pursue our goals with perseverance and passion
- We are searching for high-energy Enterprise Account Executives who can recognize opportunities, articulate professional and personal obstacles, and turn leads into long-lasting partnerships
Our Work Environment:
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least June 1, 2021. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program. All candidates need to be willing and able to relocate to the Washington DC area in 2021
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings: $120,000.00–$140,000.00 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
- Base Salary: $80,000.00–$100,000.00
- Variable Compensation: $40,000.00 based upon attainment of Meeting Completed and Opportunity Created team-wide targets
- Benefits: 401(k), trans-inclusive health/dental/vision, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.