Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As our FP&A Analyst, you will report to the Vice President of Finance. You will play a critical role by owning the financial forecasting, managing the strategic planning process, and analyzing financial and operational data. You will also own the monthly and quarterly financial reporting process for the Executive Leadership Team and the Board.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll get an overview of our people, business, tech stack, financial model, and reporting packets
- First Month: You’ll start to take over preparation of the monthly financial reporting packet
- First Six Months: You’ll fully own the monthly managerial and quarterly Board reporting process with the aim of making substantial improvements to the level of quality and insights delivered to key stakeholders. You’ll also be responsible for building out and maintaining financial dashboards, further customizing our FP&A software, and assisting the VP of Finance with the annual budgeting process, including improving upon our financial model, aggregating inputs from department heads, and creating budget templates and other materials as requested.
- First Year: You’ll partner with management to support strategic decision-making through data-driven financial and operational analysis, including continuously iterating on our planning and forecasting processes
- You have at least two (2) years of experience as a Financial Analyst or Associate in corporate finance, venture capital, private equity, or a SaaS start-up environment
- You take pride in using your superb Excel skills to build informative financial models, including three-statement integrated financial models
- You can identify and communicate themes at a big picture level—and possess the thoughtfulness to form your own views
- You love technology and are passionate about continuous learning
- You are eager to build partnerships, design, and implement process improvements that make people’s lives easier by solving everyday problems
- You are a self-starter who is able to work independently and manage time across multiple work streams and stakeholders
- You will stand out if you demonstrate strong commercial acumen
- You will be an especially strong candidate if you have a bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics or the equivalent in other work and/or educational experience (e.g., financial modeling bootcamp)
- And, of course, you want to make a meaningful impact on the growth of a startup
About the Finance Team
- We’re responsible for the financial stewardship of Quorum
- We are the resident experts on Finance metrics—we partner with teams to help them better understand their work
- We believe that precedent is not best practice—we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow.
- We pay attention to the details and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provides peace of mind to our team members, clients, and vendors
- We're close as a company—we work together, spend time together, and value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment:
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open-concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least September 7, 2021. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program. All candidates need to be willing and able to relocate to the Washington DC area in 2021
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings: $80,000.00 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
- Base Salary: $75,000.00
- Variable Compensation: Up to $5,000.00 in performance-based team bonuses
- Benefits: 401(k), trans-inclusive health/dental/vision, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.