Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
The Customer Support Manager leads a 5-person team of Customer Support Specialists (CSS) and Technical Solutions Specialists (TSS) responsible for supporting customers with product requests or solution integration needs. As the leader of a key business function, The Customer Support Manager owns the execution of weekly Support performance KPIs, ensuring exceptional quality customer experiences, designing repeatable and scalable business processes for a regimented program, and coaching individual contributors to achieve their current and future career goals.
The Customer Support Manager will work in close concert with Quourm’s Product and Engineering teams to facilitate product improvements and ensure the voice of the customer is heard throughout the company.
The Customer Support Manager will report directly to the VP of Customer Success, and is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneurial manager who wants to take an established and efficient Support program to its next iteration of structure and performance.
What You'll Do
- First Week: You'll learn the history of Quorum’s Customer Success and Support teams, get introduced to colleagues inside the Customer Success team and start learning our culture. You and your onboarding buddy will review a comprehensive onboarding plan that will address the product knowledge you need to work with Quorum customers and manage the Support team. You will also be introduced to the Customer Success team’s digital ecosystem (Salesforce, ChurnZero, HelpScout, LiveChat, Tableau). You and your manager will review the 2020 calendar to identify key events and activities, such as the Quorum User Summit and new product release dates, to prioritize Support activities in the first 6 months. Finally, you and your manager will meet to outline expectations for Customer Support team performance.
- First Month: You will participate in product training and Support certification to build a fundamental understanding of Quorum’s products, primary value propositions and use cases, and buyer personas. You will shadow Support shifts to understand the Support process and the experience of both customers and Support team members. You will begin transfer of ownership of weekly Support team meetings to review critical support metrics and discuss related team activities and start leading 1:1s with your direct reports. Finally, you will begin meeting with the Product and Engineering teams leaders to ensure the Support function is working in cooperation with other departments.
- First Six Months: After successfully completing onboarding (30-60 days), you will assume independent responsibility for all Customer Support responsibilities. You will assist the VP Customer Success developing 2021 Support headcount and operating budget based on expected client volume.
- First Year: You will establish a long term vision and rollout plan for evolving the Support team to align with Quorum growth objectives.
- You are passionate about customer service.
- You are analytical and process oriented, able to build repeatable and scalable business processes.
- You are a strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind to establish a vision for the Support team’s long term identity.
- You believe in creating a team environment of innovation and continuous improvement.
- You are adaptable and agile, able to respond quickly to changing needs of the business and resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
About the Customer Success Team
- We’re responsible for ensuring that clients have an amazing experience with Quorum
- We provide team and individual product demonstrations and trainings that promote best practices in the government affairs space
- We are dedicated to every user’s success and address challenges quickly and creatively
- We act as staunch advocates for our clients, including identifying and responding to diverse client use cases
- We take pride in developing personal relationships with our users and our team
- We regularly support one another to ensure the success of our team and our clients
- We're very close as a company—we work together, hang out together, and we value each others' ideas and input
- On Target Earnings (OTE): $66,500–$76,500
- Base Salary: $60,000 - $70,000
- Variable Compensation: $6,500 ($5,500 Retention / $1,000 Expansion) based on successful attainment of Customer Success team Retention and Expansion goals