Quorum is a 100% bootstrapped software company built for public affairs. We believe public affairs professionals should have modern software that's built for them and have created one place to do stakeholder engagement, monitoring, and advocacy work. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in the European Union, major International markets, the United States Congress, all 50 US state legislatures, and major U.S. cities.
As an Account Executive, you will contribute to the overall growth of the company by driving new business sales. You will communicate directly with sales prospects to uncover and understand their individual needs, recommend solutions to solve those challenges, and execute on contracts to achieve your revenue target.
- You must be eligible to work and reside in Belgium
- You take pride in learning a new platform and market, and subsequently translating that knowledge into an effective values-based sales strategy
- You are comfortable being the initial and primary point of contact between a prospect and the company, managing expectations and long term sales relationships, as well as quickly becoming a “trusted advisor”.
- You're a highly-motivated self-starter who wants to make valuable contributions to a growing team, and you do so by consistently reflecting on your strengths and weaknesses, shifting behavior to improve the quality of your work, broadcasting what’s working to your colleagues and seeking guidance/coaching in areas of needed growth.
- You are a metrics driven, hungry, always carry yourself with a professional demeanor, impeccable integrity, and a high sense of urgency.
- You have experience selling in the B2B SaaS space, and are eager to iterate on that experience in a rapidly changing, competitive market.
- You have a proven track record in meeting or exceeding revenue targets over time.
- You pride yourself on being curious, thoughtful, self-aware, and coachable.
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can contribute to the development and implementation of new processes, where you have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup
- You are able to discover and articulate business and personal pain points when engaging prospects in casual conversation
- You’re skilled at examining a sales pipeline and adapt behavior based on self-identified pipeline performance metrics.
What You'll Do
- First Week: You'll learn the ins and outs of the current Quorum sales process, gain exposure to our products, and get to know the other team members
- First Month: You will build your understanding of Quorum’s products and assortment of add-on offerings, undergo sales training, and actively invest in building out your own leads pipeline through external engagement efforts around town
- First Six Months: You will establish yourself in our market through relationship building and market knowledge. You will develop key Account Executive skills and product mastery by completing “ramp” (ie our internal training program) and put your knowledge to use through daily sales activities (demos, in person meetings, negotiation conversations, calls, emails, conference attendance). You’ll build a healthy leads pipeline and lay a foundation for a strong opportunity pipeline. You’ll likely close your first sale!
- First Year: You will prospect and rapidly build a productive, revenue generating pipeline across a variety of lead sources to position yourself to exceed revenue quotas. You will meet weekly activity targets and serve as the face of the company to global government affairs executives. You will continue to build relationships with potential clients and external stakeholders to help shepherd prospective clients through the process of deciding how Quorum can impact their bottom line. You will present Quorum platform as a solution to problems faced by potential clients in formal and informal settings. Finally, you will continue to represent the company at events, conferences, and functions in and outside of Brussels in the public affairs world
About the Business Development Team
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum on the business development team is a unique and particularly fulfilling experience because each team member not only has a direct impact on our year over year growth rates but also, contributes to our culture of building the business we’d want to do business with
- We are proud to be the engine of growth for our company year over year without the need for outside investment
- We are dedicated to recommending the best possible solution for the challenges prospects identify and having an honest discourse with our buyer
- We take pride in earning the trust of our market through an intentionally respectful approach to competition
- We regularly provide peer-to-peer feedback and coaching for one another to ensure the success of our team
- We work hard to foster an ambitious and supportive environment, where discourse and peer-to-peer accountability help drive personal and professional growth
- We are curious, hardworking, and pursue our goals with perseverance and passion
- We are searching for high-energy Account Executives who can recognize opportunities, articulate professional and personal obstacles, and turn leads into long-lasting partnerships