Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
The Outreach Team Lead at Quorum is a top of the sales funnel new business sales manager. You will excel in the position if you are ready to dedicate yourself to coaching a sales team on fundamental sales activities (e.g., call management) and feel confident that you can build out core sales enablement infrastructure that provides a replicable formula for sales success.
What You'll Do
- First Week: You'll learn the ins and outs of the current Quorum prospect experience, gain exposure to our products, and get to know 20+ dedicated Quorum Business Development team members.
- First Month: You will think creatively to develop strategies around outreach and generating interest in Quorum from many potential clients. You’ll will provide coaching to Business Development Representatives to implement these strategies through ongoing training and live coaching sessions. You will build your understanding of Quorum’s products as well as management skills through formal management training.
- First Six Months: You will establish yourself and your direct reports as trusted advisors that help prospective clients understand how they can see the value from the Quorum platform. You will develop Business Development Representatives’ skills by providing regular feedback on key sales activities (e.g., calls, emails, value messaging, opportunity management) that influence sales length, win rate, and overall revenue attainment.
- First Year: You will evaluate the talent pipeline and apply a combination of coaching and recruiting to build a team that is able to meet or exceed opportunity and revenue quotas. By setting a vision, establishing a process, and enabling Business Development Representatives to use the process to achieve success, you will play an important role in growing a start-up and establishing Quorum as a market leader in Washington, DC
- You’re driven by metrics-based performance and consider yourself an expert at using data to make predictions.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have experience being part of team selling subscription services with a $5k–100k Average Sales Price (ASP)
- You are excited at the prospect of managing and coaching up to 8-person teams of inside or field sales representatives to meet or exceed quotas
- You are a problem-solver, have a keen ability to prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively -- and can coach those skills in others.
- You’re motivated by making improvements to processes —tweaking the Outreach Playbook, building out Sales Performance Dashboards, and updating Call Scripts to produce results gets you almost as excited as a morning cup of coffee (or tea!)
- You know how to coach the Business Development Representative role because you’ve done the role! You’ve previously been responsible for sourcing/prospecting your own leads.
- You inspire your team members to develop and follow an outreach cadence that delivers recurring value, and take pride in being a motivator!
- You know what you are looking for when hiring sales representatives and find joy in creating diverse and inclusive team environments
About the Business Development Team
- We are responsible for ensuring that ideal prospective clients choose Quorum as their public affairs software provider
- We conduct phone outreach to prospective clients to make them aware of Quorum as a potential solution to their public affairs pain points
- We provide in-person and online product demonstrations using a consultative sales model
- We are a close-knit team of innovative, hardworking, and optimistic people who value collaboration and productive discourse
- We work hard to deliberately develop our team member’s careers. We are voracious learners and will be your mentors, confidantes, and supporters
- We are dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum is unique and fulfilling because each team member’s work directly impacts the company’s success
Our Work Environment
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting