Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
As Quorum’s Recruiting Coordinator, you will provide a delightful candidate experience by posting job descriptions, coordinating candidate interviews, responding to all candidate inquiries within two (2) business days, and overseeing new hire onboarding. You will be expected to be a key contributor to establishing a recruiting process sets clear expectations, provides validation (e.g., lets candidates know where they stand) on a regular basis, and creates moments of celebration.
What You'll Do
- First Week: You'll learn the ins and outs of the current Quorum candidate experience, gain exposure to our applicant tracking system, and get to know the Operations team.
- First Month: You will create, customize, and maintain role-specific email templates for 100% of open roles to create a personalized candidate experience, provide candidates with all necessary interview details, and streamline the scheduling process. You will take ownership over scheduling candidate interviews, handling candidate travel logistics (e.g., book flights, hotels, etc.), book conference rooms or provide video call-in information (as appropriate), and respond to all candidate inquiries on assigned pipelines within two (2) business days.
- First Six Months: You will post job descriptions and maintain sponsorships for standard and diversity job boards. You will provide updates to our Recruiter on job board costs and modify job posting strategies as necessary to source a diverse set of high-quality candidates. You will take ownership over the new hire onboarding process, including processing signed candidate offer letters, completing background checks, sending pre-boarding paperwork, procuring new hire supplies, and leading new hire orientations.
- First Year: You will oversee the end-to-end recruiting process, including sourcing candidates, conducting phone screens, managing pipelines, and overseeing the administration (e.g., plan professional development activities) of our Change Politics Summer Internship Program. You will be a key contributor to building a recruiting process that sets clear expectations, lets candidates know where they stand on a regular basis, and creates moments of celebration.
- You take pride in your ability to write clear, concise, and grammatically correct email communications that build personal connections
- You consider attention to detail to be one of your signature strengths. In a room full of 1,000 professionals, you would feel comfortable raising your hand to indicate that you are in the Top 5% in terms of overall attention to detail—and your previous colleagues would agree!
- You have honed the ability to apply logic to solve an unfamiliar problem
- You are excited to be a part of building an inclusive and diverse workforce
- You are interested in pursuing a career in Talent Acquisition or Human Resources (e.g., want to become a Junior Recruiter or Human Resources Generalist)
- You are an especially competitive candidate if you have any level of experience serving as a Human Resources Coordinator and/or overseeing new hire logistics
- You will stand out if you have any level of experience overseeing intern recruiting and/or managing a five (5) to fifteen (15) person seasonal program (e.g., planned a two-week volunteer trip, managed a club, etc.)
- And, of course, you’re a highly-motivated self-starter that is eager to contribute to the team from Day One
About The Operations Team
- We take pride in keeping the metaphorical train on track at a high-growth start-up
- We are the resident subject matter experts on business operations—our team covers sales operations, finance, and human resources!
- We believe that precedent is not best practice—we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow. In doing so, we live by Quorum’s growth principles to Take the Lead and Own the Execution
- We pay attention to the details and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provides peace of mind to our team members, clients, and vendors
- We're close as a company—we work together, spend time together, and value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Base Salary: $45,000.00
Plus equity and bonuses up to $5,000.00 based upon hitting key performance indicators (KPIs)
On Target Earnings (OTE): $50,000.00 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
Benefits: 401(k), health/dental, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.