Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
As our Senior Accountant, you will play a key role in the financial operations of Quorum. As part of your day-to-day workflow, you will manage all general ledger accounting, produce consolidated financial statements, report on budget vs. actuals, build out systems and processes, and oversee regulatory and tax reporting.
What You'll Do
- First Week: You'll learn the ins and outs of Quorum’s existing accounting practices, gain exposure to our financial model and reporting structure, and get to know members of the Operations Team.
- First Month: You will conduct a gap analysis of our financial practices and work with the Senior Director of Finance to improve our processes and reporting.
- First Six Months: You will assume responsibility for EU financial operations and all general ledger accounting duties, including journal entries and reconciliations. You will produce consolidated financial statements according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and report on department budget vs. actuals. You’ll also take the lead on our tax filings and assist with our first ever external audit.
- First Year: You will assist in the annual budgeting and planning process and will make substantive contributions to the overall structure of the accounting function, including the selection and deployment of new technology, the design and documentation of new policies and procedures, and the structure of the Chart of Accounts.
- You are a Certified Public Accountant with three (3) or more years in public accounting
- You have one (1) or more years of experience in audit and/or assurance at a public accounting firm
- You are proud to be known as an Excel aficionado
- You are comfortable with a wide-range of accounting tasks, including everything from consolidations to managing equity
- You are an excellent communicator who sees beyond the numbers to the story that wants to be told
- You have experience building dashboards and reports that tell this story in a clear and concise way
- You will stand out it you have experience deploying ERP systems, managing financial operations for an international subsidiary, or experience in corporate finance (in addition to public accounting)
- You have an interest in becoming a corporate controller and are looking for a company that will provide the breadth of experience and growth potential to move in that direction.
- You take pride in building and improving on people and systems and want a shot at doing so at a hyper-growth technology startup
- You want to be a part of building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive team environment where you regularly express concern for team members’ success and well-being
About the Operations Team
- We take pride in keeping the metaphorical train on its track at a high-growth start-up
- We are the resident subject matter experts on business operations—our team covers sales operations, finance, and human resources!
- We believe that precedent is not best practice—we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow. In doing so, we live by Quorum’s growth principles to Take the Lead and Own the Execution
- We pay attention to the details and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provides peace of mind to our team members, clients, and vendors
- We're close as a company—we work together, spend time together, and value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting