Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
As our Sales Operations Analyst, you will analyze sales data in order to uncover insights that we will use to improve our sales training and processes. As part of your day-to-day workflow, you will design and maintain sales forecasts and reports, oversee sales territory assignment and incentives, and manage cross-functional collaboration between teams.
What You'll Do
- First Week: You'll learn the ins and outs of Quorum’s existing sales data (e.g., types of data, storage, data quality), gain exposure to our annual revenue and headcount forecasts, and get to know 5+ dedicated Quorum Operations team members
- First Month: You will conduct an analysis of sales territories and work with leaders of revenue generating teams (e.g., Vice President of Business Development, Vice President of Customer Success) to realign sales territories as necessary to maximize potential revenue generation.You will also assume responsibility for sales incentive compensation, including eligibility, sales compensation plans, commission calculations, and dispute resolution.
- First Six Months: You will also develop and aggregate core sales performance reports (e.g., win/loss reports, new logo and renewal revenue reports, lifecycle stage reports, and other custom reports) into internally accessible Sales Performance Dashboards in Salesforce. You will explain sales performance reports and highlight actionable insights through weekly emails to members of the Executive Leadership, Sales Management, and Sales Operations Teams.
- First Year: You will review, refine, and maintain Fiscal Year 2020/2021 new logo, renewal, and expansion sales forecasts. And—last, but not least—you will make a meaningful impact on the growth strategy at a start-up.
- You have honed the ability to analyze unfamiliar data sets in a restricted amount of time and uncover key business insights that should be communicated to sales leadership
- You are comfortable identifying whether or not you have sufficient data to draw meaningful conclusions about a business question (e.g., If we are seeking to maximize revenue, what are one or more characteristics of our ideal prospective client profile?)
- You have professional experience in financial analysis, including building sales forecast models in Excel
- You have professional experience building sales reports and dashboards in Salesforce, Tableau, and/or other data visualization tools
- You think critically about how to explain complex data analytics techniques and display outputs in a manner that is simple for a non-technical audience to interpret
- You care deeply about being a part of building an inclusive and diverse team environment
- You will stand out it you are able to name three (3) to five (5) sales reports and indicate key components of these reports that you would examine in order to uncover possible sales insights
About the Operations Team
- We take pride in keeping the metaphorical train on its track at a high-growth start-up
- We are the resident subject matter experts on business operations—our team covers sales operations, finance, and human resources!
- We believe that precedent is not best practice—we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow. In doing so, we live by Quorum’s growth principles to Take the Lead and Own the Execution
- We pay attention to the details and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provides peace of mind to our team members, clients, and vendors
- We're close as a company—we work together, spend time together, and value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
- Base Salary: $60,000.00 - $85,000.00 (commensurate with experience)
- Plus up to $5,000.00 annual bonus based upon mutually agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- On Target Earnings (OTE): $65,000.00 - $90,000.00 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
- Benefits: 401(k) match, health/dental, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.