Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
The Product Marketing Manager is a strategic leader who owns product positioning, messaging, gathering customer feedback, and the overall go-to-market strategy (market validation, pricing, distribution, etc) for Quorum’s products.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: Learn about the landscape of Quorum’s market and become an expert on Quorum’s existing buyer personas.
- First Month: Establish guidelines and a framework for collaboration with Quorum’s Sales and Customer Success teams to ensure that product marketing resources meet their needs and are fully utilized. Learn the products.
- First Six Months: Develop a robust project calendar aligned with the product roadmap. Regularly conduct research, write strong copy and create resources to help our Product, Sales and Customer Success teams, and work with team members to measure which assets effectively help to close deals and identify prime new prospects. You will handle everything from concept to execution and analysis.
- First Year: Enable demand for Quorum by delivering exceptional brand experiences, accelerating our sales cycle, and scaling Quorum’s product marketing program—all aligned to make a significant impact on Quorum’s growth.
- You are able to manage projects with numerous stakeholders, including seeking internal and external input to inform positioning.
- You are comfortable leading complex projects that require buy-in and participation from multiple stakeholders on multiple teams.
- You have experience writing compelling B2B or SaaS product copy for the web and sales enablement
- You have experience channeling the voice of the customer to convey value.
- You are an especially strong candidate if you have experience conducting interviews and leveraging primary and secondary sources to inform strategy and copywriting.
- You are an especially strong candidate if you already understand the needs and concerns of the public affairs market.
- Design capabilities are not required, but would be helpful for the creation of product marketing materials.
About the Marketing and Communications Team
- We’re a close-knit team of innovative, hardworking, and optimistic people who value responsibility, productive discourse, and personal and professional growth
- We work hard to deliberately develop our team members’ careers. We are voracious learners and will be your mentors, confidantes, and supporters
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum is unique and particularly fulfilling because each team member’s work directly impacts the company’s success
- We use testing to optimize how we do our jobs on a daily basis
- We are a small team, so we pitch in wherever needed
Our Work Environment
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Please submit a cover letter answering this question. What experience has prepared you to be a good product marketing manager?