Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
As a member of our growing Brussels team you’ll have a role in building a company from the ground-up. You will be working in an interdisciplinary, teamwork-oriented environment where you will help build the most powerful public affairs platform on the market. You would start in early October 2019 for a six (6) month period with the possibility to convert to an indefinite contract at the end of the six (6) months.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll learn the ins and outs of the Quorum products and begin to familiarize yourself on common use cases. You’ll receive training on sales skills that will set you up for success
- First Month: You’ll learn how to conduct research on how to identify and contact prospective clients. You will leverage communication tools to design and execute lead generation campaigns via cold-calls, e-mail, and social media. You will schedule sales meetings with high-level decision makers in the public affairs industry
- First Six Months: You will think creatively to develop strategies around outreach and generating interest in Quorum from many potential clients. You’ll receive training and professional development to help you build career currency and elevate your skills
- First Year: You will own execution on company-wide objectives that will build Quorum as a leader in the industry. You will become an expert on Quorum’s products, the public affairs industry, and the competitive landscape
- You must be eligible to work and reside in Belgium
- You have a keen ability to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with prospective clients and members of the Quorum team
- You are interested in and excited by the prospect of learning about B2B sales
- You want to make a big impact on the growth strategy of a startup
- You are an active listener with boundless curiosity and are eager to learn
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are a problem-solver, have a keen ability to prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively
- You are familiar with the EU Institutions
- You're a highly-motivated self-starter who is results-driven and wants to make valuable contributions to a growing team
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can form real friendships with other professionals and where you have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup
About the European Union Team
- We’re a close-knit team of innovative, hardworking, and optimistic people who value responsibility, productive discourse, and personal growth
- We work hard to deliberately develop our team member’s careers.
- We are voracious learners and will be your mentors, confidantes, and supporters
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum is unique and particularly fulfilling because each team member’s work directly impacts the company’s success
Our Work Environment
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting