Named a top D.C. startup to watch in 2016, 2017, and 2018, Quorum is software built for public affairs, providing one place for stakeholder engagement, legislative tracking, and grassroots advocacy. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union.
Quorum is 100% bootstrapped, having never raised venture capital funding, and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
The Customer Relationship Team Lead at Quorum is a renewal and expansion sales manager. You will excel in the position if you are ready to dedicate yourself to coaching a sales team on fundamental sales activities (e.g., call management) and feel confident that you can build out core sales enablement infrastructure that provides a replicable formula for sales success.
As a high-growth start-up, all our sales managers are coaches and players. This means that in addition to serving as a sales manager for your team, you will be expected to personally own and manage a limited pipeline with 35–75 active renewal and/or expansion opportunities.
- You have experience overseeing renewals for subscription services with a $5k–100k Average Sales Price (ASP) and are eager to deliver a delightful customer renewals experience at a bootstrapped start-up where our customers’ success = our success
- You take pride in coaching 3- to 8-person teams of inside or field sales representatives to meet or exceed sales quotas
- You live and breathe sales enablement—tweaking the Sales Playbook, building out Sales Performance Dashboards, and updating Call Scripts to produce results gets you almost as excited as a morning cup of coffee (or tea!)
- You are comfortable hitting the phones and providing a live product demonstration where you use a consultative or value-based sales approach
- You know what you are looking for when hiring sales representatives and find joy in creating diverse and inclusive team environments
- You inspire and motivate team members to develop and follow an outreach cadence that delivers recurring value to the client and drives predictable expansion revenue
- You will really catch our attention if you have a track record of setting strategic direction (e.g., this is how we are going to approach our sales territory) and executing with precision
What You'll Do:
- First week: You'll learn the ins and outs of the current Quorum client experience, gain exposure to our products, and get to know 20+ dedicated Quorum Customer Success team members
- First month: You will build your understanding of Quorum’s seven major products and assortment of add-on offerings, provide side-by-side sales coaching to the two (2) Customer Relationship Advisors on your team, and begin to rollout core sales enablement infrastructure. You will also take personal ownership over a portfolio of 50–100 client accounts, including 35+ active renewal and/or expansion opportunities at various stages in the pipeline
- First 6 months: You will establish yourself and your direct reports as trusted advisors that help clients understand how they can increase the value they receive from the Quorum platform by renewing and adding products and/or services to their subscription. You will develop Customer Relationship Advisors’ skills by providing regular feedback on key sales activities (e.g., call management, opportunity plan management) that influence sales length, win rate, and overall client satisfaction
- First year: You will evaluate the talent pipeline and apply a combination of coaching and recruiting to build a team that is able to meet or exceed multimillion dollar client renewal and expansion quotas. By setting a vision, establishing a process, and enabling Customer Relationship Advisors to use the process to achieve success, you will play an important role in growing a start-up and establishing Quorum as a market leader in Washington, DC
About the Customer Success Team:
- We’re responsible for ensuring that clients have an amazing experience with Quorum
- We are dedicated to every user’s success and address challenges quickly and creatively
- We take pride in developing personal relationships with our users and our team
- We regularly support one another to ensure the success of our team and our clients
- We're very close as a company—we work together, hang out together, and we value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment:
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Do you want to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!