Named the top D.C. startup to watch in 2016, 2017, and 2018, Quorum is software built for public affairs, providing one place for stakeholder engagement, legislative tracking, and grassroots advocacy. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union.
Quorum is 100% bootstrapped, having never raised venture capital funding, and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will convert Quorum users into loyal brand advocates by ensuring that customers find value in the Quorum platform. You will be expected to manage a portfolio of 20–100 clients and meet or exceed revenue retention, expansion, and referral targets for your account portfolio.
- You want to make a meaningful impact on the customer experience at a growing startup
- You have at least one year of experience serving as a Customer Success Manager or other comparable customer service role for a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform
- You take pride in building loyal brand advocates who want to provide references and referrals
- You are excited to show users how they can make their work more impactful by adding products and/or services that enable them to advance their organization’s mission and goals
- You are a natural “people person” who establishes rapport and builds relationships with ease either in-person or online
- You love technology and are passionate about teaching people how they can make their lives easier by using technology to solve everyday problems
- You empathize with others’ unique situations and naturally channel empathy into advocacy
- You want to be a part of building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive team environment where you regularly express concern for team members’ success and well-being
- You are excited by the opportunity to have a positive impact on politics and may have worked on political campaigns or followed news for major issue areas (e.g., immigration, education, etc.)
- You are an especially competitive candidate if you have experience with at least one of the following types of software: legislative tracking software (e.g., LexisNexis), grassroots advocacy software (e.g., NationBuilder), customer relationship management (CRM) software
- You are a superstar if you have experience working with international customers and/or can speak two or more languages with at at least professional working proficiency
What You'll Do:
- First week: You'll learn the basic ins and outs of current Quorum products, attend a variety of client engagements, and get to know 20+ dedicated Quorum Customer Success team members.
- First month: You’ll build your understanding of Quorum’s six standalone products, with an emphasis on one product that will become your focus area. You will master the art of offering a full-team training and asking important diagnostic questions for one-on-one trainings.
- First 6 months: You’ll take full ownership of a portfolio of 20–150 accounts made-up of a mixture of new clients that need to be onboarded and legacy clients that need an ongoing point of contact. You will deliver value to each of your accounts by driving product adoption (e.g., provide information and training on how a client can use a new feature), building relationships, and exploring expansion opportunities.
- First year: You will consistently meet or exceed team-wide renewal rate goals and individual expansion quota by establishing yourself as a trusted advisor that helps clients achieve their goals for their Quorum subscription. You will play an important role in growing a start-up and establishing Quorum as a market leader in Washington, DC.
About the Customer Success Team:
- We’re responsible for ensuring that clients have an amazing experience with Quorum
- We provide team and individual product demonstrations and trainings that promote best practices in the government affairs space
- We are dedicated to every user’s success and address challenges quickly and creatively
- We act as staunch advocates for our clients, including identifying and responding to diverse client use cases
- We take pride in developing personal relationships with our users and our team
- We regularly support one another to ensure the success of our team and our clients
- We're very close as a company—we work together, hang out together, and we value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment:
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Do you want to have an impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you.
- Base Salary: $42,000.00–$60,000.00 (commensurate with experience)
- Plus retention bonus, expansion bonus, and equity
- On Target Earnings (OTE): $49,500.00 – $67,500.00 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
- Benefits: 401(k), health/dental, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Customer Success Manager role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.