Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As the Chief Customer Officer / Vice President of Customer Success, you will report directly to our CEO, Alex Wirth. You will serve on Quorum’s Executive Team and be responsible for the company’s account management, customer retention, and support functions. This role includes responsibility for customer success activities (e.g., client onboarding process) and outcomes (e.g., financial performance).
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You'll learn the ins and outs of the current Quorum client experience, gain exposure to our products, and get to know 30+ dedicated Quorum Customer Success team members
- First Month: You will attend a wide variety of client engagements and work with Customer Success management to oversee routine customer success activities, including support, onboarding, training, renewals, and referrals/introductions to drive product adoption
- First Six Months: You will develop and implement account plans and strategies to improve Quorum’s relationships with customers, knowledge of decision making within an account, and a client’s likelihood to renew. You will lay the foundation for a Support Team that is able to provide 24/7/365 support to a global customer base.
- First Year: You will act as a model for setting high-level strategic direction and executing with precision. You will be responsible for driving key customer success outcomes, including increasing net revenue retention, by increasing the value Quorum provides to our customers
- You are a visionary leader who feels confident designing multi-year strategic plans and coaching your team to help them achieve desired business results
- You have experience scaling a customer success team of a recurring revenue business from $20M to $50M ARR under management
- You are a strong manager who has overseen teams where you served as a manager of managers
- You want to make a meaningful impact on the growth strategy of a start-up and have experience serving as a member of an Executive Leadership Team (C-Suite/SVP Level) and/or Executive Management Team (VP Level)
- You have segmented customers to provide high touch, enterprise account management for large accounts and self-service/scalable account management for the small and medium business (SMB) accounts
- You are able to provide a track record of your performance on the following metrics over the past three (3) to five (5) years: Net Revenue Retention, Gross Renewal Rate (accounting for both Churn and Contraction), ARR Under Management, # of Customer Success Managers (CSMs), Revenue Per CSM under management, Expansion Revenue Secured, NPS or CSAT.
- You have either specialized in one or overseen several of the following functions: customer support, account management, product adoption/client onboarding, professional services, international support/service (including translation/localization)
- You take pride in creating diverse and inclusive team environments where you regularly express concern for team members’ success and well-being
- You have worked closely with and/or implemented a Learning Management System (LMS) for customer-facing training programs
- You believe that revenue growth derives from demonstrating recurring value to the customer
- And, of course, you love a good challenge
About the Customer Success Team
- We’re responsible for ensuring that clients have an amazing experience with Quorum
- We provide team and individual product demonstrations and trainings that promote best practices in the government affairs space
- We are dedicated to every user’s success and address challenges quickly and creatively
- We act as staunch advocates for our clients, including identifying and responding to diverse client use cases
- We take pride in developing personal relationships with our users and our team
- We regularly support one another to ensure the success of our team and our clients
- We're very close as a company—we work together, hang out together, and we value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment:
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least June 1, 2021. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a re-entry program. All candidates need to be willing and able to relocate to the Washington DC area in 2021
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings: $200,000 - $300,000 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
- Base Salary: $160,000 - $225,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Variable Compensation: $40,000 - $75,000
- Stock Options: Included based upon experience and salary
- Benefits: 401(k), trans-inclusive health/dental/vision, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.