Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As a Technical Solutions Specialist you will help clients have a remarkable experience with Quorum’s platform by specializing in product integrations, analyzing and uploading client data, and helping our Customer Success Managers with technical solutions. You will also provide live support to our clients over email and chat, and contribute to our knowledge base.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You'll learn the ins and outs of the Quorum platform, test yourself on common use cases, and get to know the Quorum team.
- First Month: You’ll start to provide support to clients and continue to develop knowledge of the product and how everyday users interact with it. You will also read existing documentation and gain familiarity with how the Backend of the platform operates.
- First Six Months: You will take point on helping people understand how to best use Quorum through direct support interactions, as well as working alongside Customer Success Managers on technical implementations.
- First Year: You will build on internal and external documentation to provide best practices around technical support, create systems to collect and analyze data and improve efficiency, and become the go-to person for providing technical help on the Customer Success Team.
- You have a high degree of comfort using and understanding complex software platforms, and some technical experience
- You have an eye for detail and experience working with large datasets, especially in Excel.
- You have some previous experience working with IT teams and/or a familiarity of CSS, HTML, Excel, SSO, SFTP, and/or API
- You have the ability to breakdown complex problems into concrete, manageable components and think through the upstream/downstream impacts of possible solutions
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to empathize with clients’ unique situations.
- You have at least a year of experience working with clients in a professional setting, especially at a large organization or on a developed Customer Support team
- You build strong collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- You are a problem solver who will go above and beyond to provide a remarkable client experience.
- You are looking to be part of a growing Customer Support team.
- You are excited to further develop standardized processes and systems to increase team efficiency and provide data insights.
- You have an interest in growing your technical skills--whether it’s gaining knowledge of email deliverability best practices and managing DNS maintenance requests or learning how to implement technical integrations.
- And, you enjoy a good challenge!
About the Customer Success Team
- We’re responsible for ensuring that clients have an amazing experience with Quorum
- We provide team and individual product demonstrations and trainings that promote best practices in the government affairs space
- We are dedicated to every user’s success and address challenges quickly and creatively
- We act as staunch advocates for our clients, including identifying and responding to diverse client use cases
- We take pride in developing personal relationships with our users and our team
- We regularly support one another to ensure the success of our team and our clients
- We're very close as a company—we work together, hang out together, and we value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment:
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least June 1, 2021. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program. All candidates need to be willing and able to relocate to the Washington DC area in 2021
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
If you'd like to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- On Target Earnings: $51,500.00–$61,500.00 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
- Base Salary: $45,000.00–$55,000.00 (commensurate with experience)
- Variable Compensation: Up to $6,500.00 in team retention and expansion bonuses
- Benefits: 401(k), trans-inclusive health/dental/vision, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Account Executive role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.