Accounts Payable and Receivable Analyst
Named a top D.C. startup to watch in 2016, 2017, and 2018, Quorum is software built for public affairs, providing one place for stakeholder engagement, legislative tracking, and grassroots advocacy. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union.
Quorum is 100% bootstrapped, having never raised venture capital funding, and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
As the Accounts Payable and Receivable Analyst, you will improve the management of payables, receivables, and expenses in order to provide a delightful customer experience and secure steady cash flow that fuels Quorum's growth.
- You want to make a meaningful impact on the financial operations of a growing startup
- You have at least one year of experience working on an Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable or an Accounting Team at an organization with at least three (3) team members in Finance
- You know your debits and credits and understand the tenants of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- You are organized and find intrinsic joy in bringing structure and order to organizations
- You are a natural “people person” who establishes rapport and builds relationships with ease either in-person or online
- You take pride in creating diverse and inclusive team environments where you regularly express concern for team members’ success and well-being
- You have one or more years of experience working for high-growth company
- You are an especially competitive candidate if you have a major, minor or certificate in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- You are a superstar if you have working knowledge of the new revenue recognition standard, ASC 606
What You'll Do:
- First week: You'll learn the ins and outs of our current financial processes and technology stack
- First month: You will begin taking on day-to-day responsibilities including processing expense reports, vendor invoices and receivables
- First 6 months: You will own the day-to-day AP and AR responsibilities, including following up with clients on payment/procurement matters, running AP/AR aging reports, and reconciling revenue
- First year: You will help move our team forward by identifying improvements that helps us to improve the accuracy of our records and to do more with less
About the Team:
- We’re responsible for the financial stewardship of Quorum and are part of the Operations Team
- We are the resident experts on Finance and Operational metrics—we partner with teams to help them better understand their work
- We pay attention to detail and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provides peace of mind to clients and team members alike
- We believe that precedent is not best practice—we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow
- We're a lean team and each one of us is excited to pitch in wherever
- We assume positive intentions and employ our varied professional backgrounds to help one another grow (e.g., 1:1 coaching to transfer skills)
- We work with a great sense of integrity and accountability. We strive to make Quorum an exceptional place to work.
Our Work Environment:
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Do you want to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!