Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.

As the Vice President of Business Development, you will both serve on Quorum’s Executive Team and be responsible for the company’s generation of revenue from new clients. This role includes responsibility for Business Development activities (e.g., sales training) and outcomes (e.g., financial performance).

What You'll Do

• First Week: You will get to know 15+ dedicated members of the Business Development team.
  • First Month: You will be responsible for creating a consistent experience for potential clients and other team members. You will oversee the ramp process for new team members. You will be responsible for reviewing business development metrics and proactively addressing any risks associated with not meeting goals explicitly related to the performance of the business development function.  
  • First Six Months: You will implement a sales training program and provide coaching to account executives that ensures our account executive team is being exposed to and learning from best practices in the industry
  • First Year: You will manage Quorum’s sales team and lead the growth of the team as the company scales. You will be responsible for all revenue generated from new clients at Quorum. You will serve as a member of Quorum’s leadership team responsible for the strategic direction and success of the business

About You

• You want to make a meaningful impact on the growth of a startup and have significant experience leading or being second in command of the sales function at a B2B SaaS company
  • You have a proven track record of business development success as an individual contributor and as a manager, you have increased sales performance
  • You bring an analytical and process-oriented mindset to your work in revenue-generating functions (sales and/or post-sales)
  • You have a strong grasp of sales metrics and forecasting and can use those insights to identify problems and improve performance
  • You are an excellent coach who enjoys helping team members to succeed
  • You enjoy creating inclusive team environments and regularly express concern for team members’ success and well-being
  • You have strong communication skills and the ability to empathize with others’ unique situations
  • You are a highly capable influencer who is able to negotiate, persuade, and/or build consensus when necessary
  • You adapt well to change and strive for continual improvement  
  • And, of course, you love a good challenge

About the Business Development Team

• We’re a close-knit team of innovative, hardworking, and optimistic people who value responsibility, productive discourse, and personal growth
  • We work hard to deliberately develop our team member’s careers. We are voracious learners and will be your mentors, confidantes, and supporters
  • Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum is unique and particularly fulfilling because each team member’s work directly impacts the company’s success

Our Work Environment

• We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
  • Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
  • Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting

Do you want to learn what it's like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!

Apply for this Job

* Required

Voluntary Demographic Questions

At Quorum, diversity and inclusion means trust and progress. Trust because people who trust one another grow with one another and progress because the work is never done. We strongly encourage women, people of color, individuals identifying as LGBTQ, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply to join us.

The Quorum is team is comprised of former Hill staffers, campaign vets, engineers, and everyone in between—including marathon runners, blacksmiths, chefs, and more. We are constantly striving to build and maintain a workplace in which every team member feels welcomed, respected, and valued. In order to better understand our diversity and inclusion efforts and to comply with applicable federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity recordkeeping and reporting obligations, we invite applicants to self-identify their gender identity, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, veteran status, and disability status.

Quorum is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, and any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.

Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled

Voluntary Self-Id Form

Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provisions

I identify my gender as

I consider myself a member of the LGBTQ+ community

I classify my veteran status as

Do you have a disability?

I identify my race/ethnicity as