Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
As the Vice President of Business Development, you will both serve on Quorum’s Executive Team and be responsible for the company’s generation of revenue from new clients. This role includes responsibility for Business Development activities (e.g., sales training) and outcomes (e.g., financial performance).
What You'll Do
- First Week: You will get to know 15+ dedicated members of the Business Development team.
- First Month: You will be responsible for creating a consistent experience for potential clients and other team members. You will oversee the ramp process for new team members. You will be responsible for reviewing business development metrics and proactively addressing any risks associated with not meeting goals explicitly related to the performance of the business development function.
- First Six Months: You will implement a sales training program and provide coaching to account executives that ensures our account executive team is being exposed to and learning from best practices in the industry
- First Year: You will manage Quorum’s sales team and lead the growth of the team as the company scales. You will be responsible for all revenue generated from new clients at Quorum. You will serve as a member of Quorum’s leadership team responsible for the strategic direction and success of the business
- You want to make a meaningful impact on the growth of a startup and have significant experience leading or being second in command of the sales function at a B2B SaaS company
- You have a proven track record of business development success as an individual contributor and as a manager, you have increased sales performance
- You bring an analytical and process-oriented mindset to your work in revenue-generating functions (sales and/or post-sales)
- You have a strong grasp of sales metrics and forecasting and can use those insights to identify problems and improve performance
- You are an excellent coach who enjoys helping team members to succeed
- You enjoy creating inclusive team environments and regularly express concern for team members’ success and well-being
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to empathize with others’ unique situations
- You are a highly capable influencer who is able to negotiate, persuade, and/or build consensus when necessary
- You adapt well to change and strive for continual improvement
- And, of course, you love a good challenge
About the Business Development Team
- We’re a close-knit team of innovative, hardworking, and optimistic people who value responsibility, productive discourse, and personal growth
- We work hard to deliberately develop our team member’s careers. We are voracious learners and will be your mentors, confidantes, and supporters
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum is unique and particularly fulfilling because each team member’s work directly impacts the company’s success
Our Work Environment
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting