Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
As a State Customer Success Intern for the winter/spring of 2020, you will work closely with full-time State Customer Success Managers and Customer Support Specialists to provide a remarkable state client experience. You will be working in an interdisciplinary, teamwork-oriented environment where you will help build the most powerful advocacy platform on the market.
What You'll Do
At Quorum, we move fast. We immerse interns in our culture and customer success efforts from day one. By doing so, we maximize your learning opportunities and ensure your time spent here leaves a lasting impact on both the company and your professional development.
- First Week: You'll learn the ins and outs of the Quorum State product.
- First Month: You'll work closely with the State Legislative Data Specialist and the State Customer Success team to audit data quality and develop systems to automate and streamline legislative data quality assurance processes.
- By the End of the Internship: You'll take ownership over a significant project and help the State Customer Success team scale as we head into 2020.
- You're a highly-motivated self-starter who wants to make valuable contributions to a team from Day One
- You are detail-oriented, and care about finding long-term strategic solutions, rather than implementing a short-term, quick fix
- You are excited about working at a dynamic and fast-paced startup
- You're excited to pitch in wherever needed, from helping with data clean-up to supporting Customer Success Managers
- Work experience with the legislative process or in politics and advocacy more broadly; whether it be working in a state legislature, on a campaign, on the hill, or in legislative advocacy, is a plus.
About the Customer Success Team
- We exist to make Quorum indispensable to our clients
- We provide regular team and individual product trainings, promote best practices in legislative and advocacy work, and identify and respond to diverse client use cases
- We innovate quickly and provide knowledgeable and friendly support to clients using Quorum to keep them advised of the latest updates to the platform
- We're a lean team and each one of us pitches in wherever needed, from helping in recruiting to supporting customers. As employees of a startup, we all wear a lot of hats
- We're very close as a company -- we work together, hang out together, and we value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space complete with a full kitchen. Check out this piece in American Inno about our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
- We pay 100% of our interns to help make working in DC a possibility for people from all backgrounds
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2020
This position is part time and you should expect to work 20 hours a week. The internship will begin in January 2020 and conclude at the end of April 2020. There is the possibility of an extension.
Position is limited, and applications are considered on a rolling basis. It is to your advantage to apply as early as possible.