Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You’ll learn the ins and outs of the Quorum products and begin to familiarize yourself on common use cases. You’ll receive training on sales skills that will set you up for success
- First Month: You’ll learn how to conduct research on how to identify and contact prospective clients. You will leverage communication tools to design and execute lead generation campaigns via cold-calls, e-mail, and social media. You will schedule sales meetings with high-level decision makers in the public affairs industry
- First Six Months: You will think creatively to develop strategies around outreach and generating interest in Quorum from many potential clients. You’ll receive training and professional development to help you build career currency and elevate your skills.
- First Year: You will own execution on company-wide objectives that will build Quorum as a leader in the industry. You will become an expert on Quorum’s products, the public affairs and government relations industry, and the competitive landscape
- You have a keen ability to build meaningful, collaborative relationships with prospective clients and members of the Quorum team
- You are interested in and excited by the prospect of learning about B2B sales
- You want to make a big impact on the growth strategy of a startup
- You are an active listener with boundless curiosity and are eager to learn
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are a problem-solver, have a keen ability to prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively
- You have exposure to the legislative process or in politics and advocacy more broadly; whether it be working on a campaign, on the hill, or in legislative advocacy
- You're a highly-motivated self-starter who is results-driven and wants to make valuable contributions to a growing team
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment where you can form real friendships with other professionals and where you have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup
About the Business Development Team
- We’re a close-knit team of innovative, hardworking, and optimistic people who value responsibility, productive discourse, and personal growth
- We work hard to deliberately develop our team member’s careers. We are voracious learners and will be your mentors, confidantes, and supporters
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum is unique and particularly fulfilling because each team member’s work directly impacts the company’s success
Our Work Environment
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
- Base Salary: $42,000.00
- Plus up to $4,000.00 in four (4) quarterly opportunity target bonuses
- On Target Earnings (OTE): $46,000.00
- Benefits: 401(k) match, health/dental, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Business Development Representative role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.
Business Development Career Growth Pathway
All Business Development Associates are enrolled in an approximately two year training program to move from through four (4) career levels from Business Development Associate (Level 1, $46k OTE) to a Senior Business Development Representative (Level 4, $60k OTE). The training program helps team members to learn foundational business and sales skills. Team members who participate in and/or complete the program are well equipped to transition into full-time sales roles as Account Executives or transfer onto other teams (e.g., Customer Success).