Who are Quorso?
Quorso is an intelligent store management platform that is revolutionizing the performance process in retail organisations (among other verticals). As digital has taken over many parts of retail (especially marketing), the process for managing store performance, prioritizing opportunities at store level, taking action, measuring impact and scaling success remains analog. Countless reports, conversations and emails mean performance is often managed by gut. Quorso’s system digitizes this process not just for store managers but for executives at all levels of the organization.
Voted one of the UK’s top 50 startups in 2019, we are working with some of the biggest retailers in the UK and recently received Series A backing from the $100bn Canadian pension fund OMERS.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial pioneer to focus on the US retail market, driving new business and account expansion. Cracking the US is our number one priority for 2020.
Our product is already being used by $10bn+ retailers in the UK and solving the real challenges of in-store retail management. Recent clients have been driving >1.5% revenue growth in the first 8 weeks ($100m+). Our ACV is already >$100k and there is potential for larger contracts at over 7-figures.
You will need to empathize and understand the pains of retail management and how Quorso can fix them. A strong network within bricks and mortar multi-site retailers is essential with proven success selling to our buyers, senior decision-makers across Operations and Finance.
You will need to work with senior executives within the prospect/customer base and with our leadership team internally. This requires personal gravitas, maturity, resilience and the ability to build logical and persuasive arguments. You will work with the UK Sales team and directly with our CEO. You will also partner with marketing to develop and mature the US “go to market” approach. This will involve building and testing campaigns, marketing collateral and sales/marketing tools.
You will need to be a strong communicator with tons of energy and will collaborate regularly with our Customer Success and Product teams to make sure we are capturing our customers’ needs and requests.
Quorso is a young business and as such you will have the opportunity to:
- Help revolutionize operational excellence and continual improvement within the US Retail sector
- Get Quorso a real footprint in the US market and be the start of our local team driving out Quorso’s brand through networking, events, conferences etc.
- Generate a buzz around what we do in North America, plenty of activity, on-point messaging and clever positioning to help build a strong growth market early.
- Help develop the future product by working with the Product team
- Help influence the direction of the company through direct input to the leadership team, marketing, customer success and product
- Help build a critical territory and vertical strategies to set up future success
- Build out the retail vertical in the US, drive business, make our name, get a strong foothold and grow a team as needed
- Generate the North American pipeline of $m+ within the first year
- Manage and close new business via net-new clients as well as expanding existing client accounts
- Create a sales plan for quota-overachievement (and a broader plan for US success once we know we have the revenue)
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior executives in particular E/SVP’s in Operations and Finance within the target customer base, executing a strategy for land-and-expand
- Work strategically with Marketing, Customer Success, and Product to ensure seamless, value-driven approach from first meeting through to roll-out and expansion
- Run US operations and be highly skilled in building processes and customer and employee engagement
- 5+ year track record of sales success within Enterprise SaaS environment ($200k+ contract value) in the US navigating large contract sizes and multiple stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in the retail industry working in a retail organization, a direct service provider to large retailers or selling enterprise class solutions to retailers
- 5+ years of experience selling services or software to large retailers in the area of retail analytics, web analytics or ecommerce
- Strong understanding of retail data, metrics and standard analyses and how they drive operational excellence and continuous improvement
- You will have insider knowledge of business operations and strong network within the retail industry selling to our key buyer personas in Operations and Finance
- A proven track record in B2B challenger selling developing strong relationships with E/SVP and VPs
- Ability to penetrate new clients, meet with and manage key stakeholders within designated accounts
- Experience developing new business territories or sector growth with a systematic and disciplined approach
- Experience developing, presenting and negotiating business cases, commercial contracts and pricing structures within a SaaS environment
- A network which you can personally leverage as Quorso prospects
- Previous success with a Series B/Series C product company and a desire to work for a fast-paced dynamic tech start-up
- A history of achieving and exceeding targets. You will be results-driven but will achieve individual and team wins through collaborating well with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication and in-person and virtual presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, roll-up your sleeves, be self-sufficient and to collaborate effectively across functions across time-zones as part of a team
- Ability to synthesize data, make data-driven decisions quickly and balance quantitative measurement with an intuition-driven bias to action
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis (to include min. 2 weeks onboarding in London)
Even better if you have:
- Additional verbal and written languages
- Degree in a related field
- Strong experience recruiting, leading, and developing teams
Is this you?
- Someone who gets complex businesses and all the levers within them
- A highly driven individual with a strong sense of urgency
- Self-directed and resourceful with a strong predisposition to delivery
- Able to develop a big-picture plan and also execute meticulously against it
- Creative and analytical with strong business acumen
- An excellent written and oral communicator
- An effective leader
- Entrepreneurial in outlook
- Robust, resilient, influential and persuasive
- Up for a big challenge and an exciting ride
- You don't live too far away from a major airport, it will help!
Who are we?
We're curious - We’re always looking for a better way. We tirelessly challenge the “why” and imagine the “what if.”
We're ambitious - We don’t settle, we don’t rest, we always want better, and we don’t shy away from our goals.
We're resourceful - We aren’t afraid of trying new things and striving for the simplest possible solutions to tough problems.
We empower - Our strength lies in supporting one another, celebrating success, and learning from failure.
We really do care.
Time off - We’ve got a generous holiday policy (well above standard PTO!) and a flexible approach to work. And we’re closed between Christmas and New Year so everyone can start the new year fresh.
Growth & Development - We’re big fans of the growth mindset and do everything we can to support it, with lunch-and-learn talks and a professional development grant.
Health & wellness - Looking after your physical and mental wellbeing is our top priority. We will offer excellent private medical, dental and vision plans.
Retirement Plans & equity - In addition to a competitive salary and 401k scheme, every Quorsan gets a stake in our company.
Remember, this is our first North American employee hire. We need a true pioneer with a great deal of the “right” energy who can build a business like it was their own. Ultimately you could l be responsible for building a world-class team capable of scaling. Working closely with our high-calibre leadership team to shape the strategic direction for our business, you'll need to ensure US activities run smoothly and effectively.