[As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company. This position can be performed remotely from multiple countries around the world. Please visit quora.com/eligible_countries for details regarding employment eligibility by country.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds -- from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences -- so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Our product managers excel at and are responsible for guiding, enabling, and accelerating the efforts of our designers, engineers, and data scientists to build and ship successful products. You'll have the opportunity to drive company-level impact, influence overall company strategy, and interface regularly with product leadership and the executive team. We have a strong emphasis on data, balance rigor and pragmatism, and employ scalable solutions in pursuit of building successful products for our 300+ million unique monthly visitors.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead our efforts in trust and safety. In this role, you'll be responsible for establishing which content and user behavior should and shouldn't be allowed on Quora, as well as the design and implementation of systems to enforce those policies while minimizing negative side effects. This is a high-impact, cross-functional role in one of the fastest-changing areas of consumer internet, sitting at the intersection of business operations, content policy, and machine learning.
- Identify key product needs and solutions related to content quality and the scaling of our moderation systems
- Manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way
- Research the consumer internet content policy ecosystem to inform policy decisions and implementation
- Partner cross-functionally with engineering, design, product, data science, legal, and marketing teams to gather requirements for, define, implement, and communicate changes related to our moderation processes
- Define objectives, metrics, and key results to help guide, prioritize, and measure the success of initiatives
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora's "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time)
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related engineering or mathematical discipline
- 6+ years Product Management experience at a consumer internet company
- Adept at using qualitative and quantitative data to drive decisions
- Empathy for and understanding of users' needs, behaviors, and motivations
- Experience in or familiarity with machine learning, data science, statistics, or financial modeling
- Experience working with SQL
- Passion for Quora's mission and goals
For Colorado based applicants, the minimum salary range is $172,000 - $200,000 + equity + benefits. For California, New Jersey, and New York based applicants, the minimum salary range is $202,000 - $235,000 + equity + benefits. There are many factors that will determine the starting pay, including but not limited to experience, location, education, and business needs.
Quora offers a wide range of benefits including medical/dental/vision coverage, equity refreshers, remote work reimbursement, paid time off, employee assistance programs, and more. Benefits are country-specific and may vary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure: https://www.quora.com/about/ccpa_job_applicant