[As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company. This position can be performed remotely from Israel, regardless of any location that might be specified above.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
The International Community Development team at Quora is responsible for helping Quora’s best contributors achieve their goals on Quora. We provide support, guidance, assistance with content curation, user engagement, and product research, and help the product team understand community feedback and sentiment.
About the Role:
Quora is looking for a contractor (40 hours/week) to manage the writer community and ensure the quality of operations of Quora in Hebrew. As part of the team working on Internationalization, you will play a dynamic role in helping active contributors, and influential figures find success, enhance the end-user experience, deliver reliable, consistent, and accurate support at scale on Quora in Hebrew. Your day-to-day work will include different tasks in regards of community management and building (conversion, engagement, retention efforts). You will need to be comfortable with problem-solving and strategizing to meet the ever-evolving business needs. You will partner with cross-functional teams to provide feedback from users to product teams and take back information to help inform and guide users seeking support. You will review content, users, and Spaces and proactively raise issues to the team and support the development of systems that maintain quality at scale. You're a native Hebrew speaker, curious, driven, and excited to make a significant impact in helping achieve the company's mission.
- Help attract, encourage, build, and manage Quora's Hebrew writer community
- Manage, communicate with, and educate the key users
- Provide direct support to our users and serve as a go-to person for our external and internal stakeholders
- Develop and execute marketing strategies targeted towards recruiting valuable contributors to Quora
- Pursue growth-related partnerships and opportunities for Quora
- Manage our recognition programs for power users and top contributors
- Manage our social media channels and increase our following and awareness so that we can impact more people
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to better understand Quora's Hebrew user needs
- Bachelors Degree
- Mastery of the Hebrew language; ability to write prolifically in grammatically correct Hebrew as well as English
- Experience growing and managing online communities, advocating for the community to lead opportunities for creators and users to grow engagement
- Ability to perform duties objectively, devoid of inherent biases or personal beliefs
- Data-driven and goal-orientated approach: proficient in Google Sheets and/or Excel; able to interpret dashes to draw patterns from data
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, working with technical teams at product-centric companies
- Tech savvy with the ability to learn basic technical tools quickly, ability to use technical tools to help identify growth opportunities
- Ability to run the day-to-day operations of the Hebrew community, aligning it with the KPIs and OKRs of the International Community Development team
- Passion for being part of an active writing community
- Familiar with UGC and internet culture and have a deep understanding of online communities
- Proven ability to work independently with enthusiasm, energy, and drive
- Experience with ticket management systems and content management systems
- Thoughtful usage of Quora and passion for our mission
- Deeply passionate about building communities and heavy user of Quora
- Be energetic, proactive, and self-starter to help grow the HE community
- Experience in working with Slack, Quip, Zendesk, Asana or other similar software
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.