[As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the world, regardless of any location that might be specified above.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of personal experience in people's heads, or buried in books and research papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds -- from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences -- so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
The Recruiting Team at Quora is responsible for supporting the company's growth in pursuit of our mission. We aim to hire and retain world-class employees and to create an environment where they can do their best work. We strive to be innovators and leaders in our field.
We value honest communication, mutual respect, and view ourselves as partners to our candidates and hiring managers. Ability to develop a deep rapport with candidates is critical to success on our team. If you are passionate about Technical Recruiting and would like to join an organization that shares your passion, come join us!
About the Role:
Quora is expanding and we’re seeking to bring aboard an experienced Senior Technical Recruiter to help us grow. We’re at the beginning of one of the most exciting chapters in our company’s history; earlier this year we transitioned to “remote-first” and now we are joining the creator community with Spaces and our recent Subscriptions rollout. Our goal is now to identify and attract the best technical talent from anywhere in the world to join us in our mission to share and grow the world’s knowledge.
This role requires experience in building a pipeline of high-caliber software engineering talent (full stack, backend and machine learning). You will also have an opportunity to work on incredible roles with our Product, Design and Data team. You will perform full-cycle recruiting and will partner closely with our product and engineering leaders to identify, engage, and manage candidates through our recruiting pipeline.
With our transition to remote-first, this position offers a unique opportunity to shape Quora’s approach to hiring. You’ll be tasked with exploring international labor markets, identifying new pools of talent and developing strategies to recruit them, as well as experimenting with different hiring approaches. And while we do have best-practices in place around candidate engagement and our hiring processes, we’re excited about the idea of bringing aboard a new team member with fresh ideas who can also help mentor others on the team.
- Perform full-cycle recruiting for engineering and related technical roles. You’ll devise pipeline strategies, perform sourcing, and own the entire candidate journey all the way through to extending offers, closing, and onboarding
- Build and efficiently manage a diverse pipeline of candidates
- As a brand ambassador for Quora, provide and champion an exceptional hiring experience for all candidates, regardless of their hiring outcome
- Serve as a recruiting business partner to hiring managers and collaborate with other recruiting team members to develop, implement, and execute hiring strategies
- Manage hiring manager expectations and provide timely reporting of key metrics and insights to set strategy and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Obtain buy-in from appropriate stakeholders and collaborate with other team members to implement process changes
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora's "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- 3+ years of full-cycle recruiting and/or sourcing experience for an in-house recruiting team
- 2+ years of experience recruiting Software Engineers or related technical roles
- Proven experience in building and managing a diverse pipeline
- Excellent problem solver and clear strategic thinker; to be successful you should be a proactive self-starter who is comfortable operating in ambiguity
- Flexible, positive, and communicative team player with outstanding interpersonal skills
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Demonstrated ability to recruit remotely without a local team
- Familiarity with hiring candidates internationally
- Prior experience recruiting in a fast-paced startup environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Love of learning and the Quora product
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.