[Although Quora is now a "remote-first" company, employees for this position will need to perform their work from India.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of personal experience in people's heads, or buried in books and research papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds -- from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences -- so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
The Recruiting Team at Quora is responsible for supporting the company's growth in pursuit of our mission. We aim to hire and retain world-class employees and to create an environment where they can do their best work. We strive to be innovators and leaders in our field.
We value honest communication, mutual respect, and view ourselves as partners to our candidates and hiring managers. The ability to develop a deep rapport with candidates is critical to success on our team. If you are passionate about sourcing talent globally and would like to join an organization that shares your passion, come join us!
About the Role:
Quora is expanding and we’re seeking to bring aboard an experienced Global Recruiting Sourcer to help us grow. We’re at the beginning of one of the most exciting chapters in our company’s history; earlier this year we transitioned to “remote-first” and now we are joining the creator community with Spaces and our recent Subscriptions rollout. Our goal is now to identify and attract the best technical talent from anywhere in the world to join us in our mission to share and grow the world’s knowledge.
This role requires experience in building a pipeline of high-caliber talent in technical and sales disciplines at Quora. You will be responsible for building and cultivating talent pipelines for our Technical and Sales disciplines and partnering with the Recruiters and Hiring Managers to have a continual process of identifying the right talent.
With our transition to remote-first, this position offers a unique opportunity to shape Quora’s approach to hiring. You’ll be tasked with exploring international labor markets, identifying new pools of talent, and innovating sourcing strategies to recruit the best talent. And while we do have best practices in place around candidate engagement and our hiring processes, we’re excited about the idea of bringing aboard a new team member with fresh ideas who can also help mentor others on the team.
- Define and own the search strategy for attracting top candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn, direct sourcing, and alternative search techniques
- Partner with Quora hiring managers and Recruiters on both open roles & proactive pipeline management, to build effective sourcing strategies which target multiple candidate channels
- Conduct research to understand the competitive landscape, develop and update proactive talent maps
- Drive sourcing projects and recruiting initiatives including, meet-ups, conferences, and other tech events
- Build and maintain a network of potential candidates
- Create compelling email and messaging campaigns
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- 2+ years experience in talent sourcing strategy
- 1+ years of full-cycle recruiting and/or sourcing experience for an in-house recruiting team
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, preferably Lever or Greenhouse
- Proven experience in building and managing a diverse pipeline
- Excellent problem solver and clear strategic thinker; to be successful you should be a proactive self-starter who is comfortable operating in ambiguity
- Flexible, positive, and communicative team player with outstanding interpersonal skills
- MBA specializing in Human Resources or related
- Demonstrated ability to source remotely without a local team and familiarity with hiring candidates internationally
- Familiarity with talent sourcing for Digital Marketing / Sales roles
- Prior experience recruiting and/or sourcing in a fast-paced startup environment
- Love of learning and the Quora product
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure