Although Quora is now a "remote-first" company, employees for this position will need to perform their work from India.
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
The Product Operations team supports the company’s mission by acting as the voice of the Quora community and by developing and enforcing policies within the community. Our goal is to maintain the high quality of the content and community on the product as we scale across all 24 languages of Quora.
We are a small team where every member has a direct impact. We value agility and pragmatism in our day to day work, as well as flexibility and creativity in tackling the new challenges that arise as the product grows.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Product Operations Specialist to join our Product Operations team. You will review content, users, and Spaces and proactively raise issues to the team and support the development of systems that maintain quality at scale. You will work closely with other members of Product Operations as well as stakeholders and cross-functional partners within the company. As you grow in the role, you will have the opportunity to help create new review guidelines, conduct training, and take on other responsibilities.
- Process and review accounts, user generated content, and Spaces that have been flagged for review of potentially sensitive or disturbing content to ensure there are no violations of policies
- Consistently meet daily and weekly targets
- Test out new content policies and workflows and provide feedback and suggestions for improving efficiency
- 1+ years of experience in content moderation as a content reviewer or quality specialist
- Ability to periodically coordinate with US team members outside of standard India working hours
- Demonstrated ability to achieve moderation accuracy targets (95%+) and productivity targets regularly
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and make grey area decisions
- Ability to perform duties objectively, devoid of inherent biases or personal beliefs
- Proficient in Google Sheets and/or Excel; able to interpret charts and tables to draw patterns from data
- Comfortable with sensitive content
- 2+ years of experience as a content moderation quality specialist, lead, or similar role
- Very familiar with US & Internet culture
- Active user of Quora and passionate about Quora's mission and goals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.