As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere, regardless of any location that might be specified above.
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of personal experience in people's heads, or buried in books and research papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds -- from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences -- so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Every day, millions of people seek answers and share their knowledge through Quora. To foster this marketplace of knowledge, we need to build systems that make sharing knowledge rewarding and discovering it easy; that show you answers to questions you didn't know you had, on topics you didn't know you liked, and that scale to support the participation of the entire planet.
The Quality Assurance (QA) team works closely with product teams to drive processes that help us to maintain a high-quality bar. This means both preventing bugs from being introduced as well as finding and resolving existing bugs. This covers not only product functionality, but also consistency, ease-of-use, and personalization.
About the Role:
As a Quality Assurance Tester, you’ll work closely with our product team. You’ll develop and execute on test plans for new product launches and periodically audit the team's surface area to ensure product quality remains high over time. In addition to helping the team find and fix bugs, your work will help influence planning and future product development.
- Analyze and review product design specifications and work with cross-functional teams to ensure high product quality
- Develop clear and detailed test plans to both assess new product launches and periodically test existing products
- Manually test the product across all major platforms
- Write clear and comprehensive bug reports and work with engineers and designers who respond to these bug reports
- Periodically aggregate your findings and present on what issues most impact product quality (this is not just limited to bugs)
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora's "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- 1 - 2 years experience with QA Testing (or a comparable role) on mobile or web-based apps
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for Quora’s mission and product
- CS degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Familiarity in other languages to test across multiple Quora silos
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.