As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the United States or Canada, regardless of any location that might be specified above.
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
The IT Operations team is responsible for all client technology platforms and services throughout the company. Our team is constantly looking to evolve and adopt new approaches related to Quora's corporate IT environment that service our global employee base. We work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment where each person on the team drives high impact with thoughtful process and technology innovations.
About the Role:
As an IT Systems Administrator, you will report to our Head of IT and continue to create best-in-class solutions to optimize our IT systems and processes. You will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, applications, and related procedures adhere to our organizational values through system administration and endpoint management technologies. You are empowered to engage cross-functionally and to forge new paths to achieve the highest level of efficiency for our employees.
- Implement provisioning and de-provisioning workflows for all of our corporate systems and accounts
- Work directly with internal and external partners to ensure high reliability of our services as well as compliance with internal security policies
- Investigate and troubleshoot IT issues with a focus on exceptional user support for all employees
- Triage, prioritize, resolve, route, and schedule all incoming internal IT requests
- Document and update internal processes and guidelines
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora's "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- 3+ years of experience in IT with at least one year as an autonomous lT Support or Help Desk Administration lead
- Excellent English verbal and written communications skills
- In-depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows 10, and various applications including Office as well as video conferencing tools like Zoom.
- Solid working knowledge of Apple hardware including tablets, laptops & desktops as well as mobile device support including iOS and Android devices
- Experience with partnering with external vendors to maintain office technology
- Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO (Okta), especially Google Workspace including Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Groups
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Working knowledge with Systems Management and Provisioning (JAMF/Casper)
- Experience with systems monitoring and logging, troubleshooting tools, and analytics platforms
- Proficient with Google Workspace Administration and Google Cloud Platforms
- Proficiency in Active Directory and Identity Management platforms and configurations (e.g. SAML, SCIM, SSO, OAuth)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.