As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the United States, regardless of any location that might be specified above.
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of personal experience in people's heads, or buried in books and research papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds -- from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences -- so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
The Quora Ads Partnerships team is responsible for building strong relationships with advertising partners across the globe. Specifically, we aim to connect brands and agencies to our 300M monthly unique visitors in a way that delivers meaningful business outcomes. The team is laser-focused on providing exceptional customer service and building the foundation for long-term partnerships between brands and Quora. We’re building a world-class sales organization, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting. If this sounds like fun, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Role:
As an Account Executive at Quora, you’ll be responsible for identifying and activating new advertising partners across our self-service ads platform. You will serve as the main point of contact during the onboarding phase and partner with a Customer Success Manager to grow your book of business over time. You’ll also be responsible for providing market feedback to cross-functional peers to drive ads product development and business marketing activities. The ideal candidate will have high emotional intelligence, be self-motivated and resourceful, with strong analytical skills.
- Source and close new business by presenting our advertising solution both online and in-person to leading marketers / agencies
- Deliver compelling media proposals in order to educate and drive new business activation to exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Develop and execute sales strategy in a dynamic, lean team environment
- Leverage data, insights, and measurement to help advertisers achieve their marketing objectives
- Lead activities that accelerate business growth with partners focusing on performance advertising KPIs (CPA / CPL / ROAS)
- Increase the effectiveness of the team by developing and scaling opportunities for new approaches
- Manage the full sales-cycle including prospecting, contract negotiation, project management, and post-sales support
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora's "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- 4+ years industry experience with 2+ years recent digital media sales experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals of digital marketing and the broader advertising ecosystem
- Exemplary verbal, written and listening communication skills with clients up to the C-level, along with the confidence and tact to respectfully challenge clients on strategic decisions
- Bias for action with an ability to overcome barriers and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Self-driven, detail-oriented, and open to the manual processing required in early advertising platform development
- Passion for Quora's mission and goals
- Comfortable working with a new product and serving as the point of contact during the onboarding phase
- Previously sold digital advertising to clients in one of the following industries: B2B, Financial Services, Technology, Professional Services, Health or Entertainment
- Experience working with a self-serve ads platform and partnering with performance marketers
- Previous experience using Salesforce.com for opportunity management and sales forecasting
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.