The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
As the founding business team in India, we have the opportunity to fundamentally shape the future of Quora in India. We are setting up a fast-paced startup here and will be engaging with customers in a more meaningful way than the typical sales experience. We’ll advise and even challenge our advertisers if it will help them to be more successful on Quora. We strive to be a team our advertisers and agencies look forward to interacting with the most because of the experience and value we deliver. Being part of this team means collaborating with our global counterparts and extending Quora’s culture and values in India.
About the Role:
Quora is seeking Associate Client Partners to be the founding members of our India Sales Team. You'll primarily be responsible for acquiring new accounts through selling our performance marketing product. You’ll also partner with direct brands and/or agencies and contribute to the media planning of upcoming campaigns. We recently launched our Direct Ad Sales operations in India —and are growing our Sales team. We’re building a world-class sales organization - the road ahead is exciting!
An ideal candidate will have business experience in a media and sales environment in an advertising business or agency. Experience in and around paid search and direct response/performance marketing campaigns would be an added advantage. You’ll be a great fit for this role if you love creating relationships, being creative, advocating, exploring and bringing solutions to your partners. You are comfortable working in a startup environment and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams.
This position is based out of our Gurgaon office.
- Source and close new business by offering our advertising solution to marketers
- Prospect to potential clients, perform online and in-person presentations to media professionals, create RFP proposals and close accounts
- Develop and execute sales strategy in a dynamic, small team environment
- Reach and exceed KPIs consisting of client & agency calls, pitches and revenue goals.
- Educate advertisers and lead activities that accelerate business growth (focused on performance advertising) with partners
- Identify and grow opportunities with accounts
- Participate in the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Quora to performance marketers
- Manage the full sales-cycle, including contract generation and other deliverables for closing
- 2+ years recent sales experience in online advertising or media and experience with advertising technology
- 2+ years in selling to at least one of the following industries: Education, B2B, Ecommerce, BFSI, Travel, Auto, Technology or Entertainment
- Demonstrated exemplary verbal, written and listening communication skills with clients at all levels of seniority (up to the C-level) while respectfully challenging clients on strategic decisions
- Experience working with Salesforce.com for lead management and sales forecasting
- Prior track record of working autonomously to overcome barriers and while working collaboratively as part of the bigger team in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- 3-5 years recent sales experience in online advertising or media
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any field
- Passion for Quora's mission and goals