The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it
About the Team:
Quora's mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and our mobile apps are the most important platform to achieving this mission as mobile continues to outgrow web usage. Our Mobile team builds performant and reliable apps that reach millions of users. We implement and enforce mobile design patterns for a modern app experience, from the first app install experience to ensuring that power users easily access the most important parts of Quora.
About our Internship:
A Quora internship is not an ordinary internship. There's no busy work. Every project that our interns work on is important to the company and its goals. Mobile interns leverage mobile concepts and trends to tackle a breadth of product challenges, from designing seamless navigation for a holistic app experience, to making various performance optimizations for a responsive app experience. In addition, mobile interns can also work closely with other product teams to develop mobile abstractions that make it easy for other teams to further improve the mobile product.
The projects that interns work on are equivalent to what full time engineers work on — expect to have high product and company-level impact. Interns will work alongside engineers, data scientists, and designers to create a great mobile experience, while having a full-time mentor and weekly 1:1’s with their manager to get feedback and ensure smooth onboarding.
- Work with a small, experienced team of mobile engineers to build performant and reliable Android/iOS apps
- Build new user-facing features and help drive mobile product strategy
- Create tools and infrastructure to enable rapid iteration cycles on mobile
- Collaborate with other product teams to enhance mobile user experience
- Pursuing a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- Strong fundamentals in data structures and coding
- Ability to ramp up quickly on Android or iOS frameworks and tools
- A passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Knowledge of either Android (Java/Kotlin) or iOS (Swift, Objective C) frameworks and mobile trends
- Experience developing a production app in industry, personal projects, or school projects
- Passion for Quora's mission and goals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.