About the Company
Qumulo is the leading file data platform, providing unrivaled freedom, control, and real-time visibility for file data at petabyte scale. Fortune 500 companies, major film studios, and the largest research facilities in the world trust Qumulo to help them innovate with their mission-critical digital files. The Qumulo experience makes unstructured data management simple with continuous new features and a single, easy to use solution in a customer’s data center or in the public cloud.
Qumulo has a collaborative culture with a strong focus on delivering value to our customers. We are looking for people with a diverse set of experiences to help us fulfill our vision. See Scale Anywhere™at www.qumulo.com.
About the Team:
Qumulo’s Sales team is made up of pioneers, technology evangelists and problem solvers. Bolstered by robust experience in the Data Storage industry, our team of sales professionals and systems engineers lead our product into new markets and enable us to delight a growing customer base with our innovative data platform solutions.
About the Position:
Qumulo's Sales Engineer will be a key addition to our field sales organization. This person will utilize their understanding of data platforms to assess customer needs and build strong business cases for our solutions. They will not only become a trusted advisor with potential and current customers, but also become a champion for customer success. Ultimately, you are a technologist, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms to C-Level customers. You are naturally curious, and someone who is not afraid to get your hands dirty. You appreciate the diversity of challenges in working with both partners and customers in a startup environment.
- Work as part of the account team to technically validate account strategies and sales plans including developing new opportunities within the assigned territory
- Champion the needs of the customers through investigating business problems and developing innovative solutions that surpass expectations.
- Anticipate technology trends, maintaining professional and technical knowledge through independent research, training, attending workshops, and cultivating networks.
- Feel comfortable independently calling on senior level stakeholders to qualify and understand technical, operational or business issues that can be addressed with Qumulo’s solutions.
- Be the go to person within our customer and partner community for technical education and enablement in all things Qumulo.
- Build and maintain long term technical relationships with our APAC partners to increase Qumulo’s reputation and value within the partner solution portfolio
- Drive technical solution design conversations and guide customers and partners in territory through use case qualification, collaborative technical demonstrations and proof-of-concepts
- Be the voice of the customer internally at Qumulo, engaging with and influencing Product and Engineering teams to drive our solutions into new potential use cases.
- Demonstrate technical excellence whilst engaging with customers throughout the sales cycle and beyond.
- An understanding of core IT infrastructure. x86 Operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Unix (BSD), along with shared infrastructure such as NAS, Object (S3)
- Strong Presentation skills with demonstrated verbal and technical writing ability.
- Multilingual skills in Korean, Japanese and English
- Competitive knowledge of others in the storage industry
- Experience with distributed computing, big data analytics, machine learning, cloud computing, multi-tenant cloud, or AI.
- Knowledge of Microsoft or AWS based cloud architectures and services
- Industry vertical knowledge of Media and Entertainment, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Industry, Public Sector.
- Experience in a large vendor, Global SI, or Reseller Pre-Sales organization
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
*Please note that employment at Qumulo is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.
For more information on our Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice please click on the link below: