At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
We are seeking a Logistics Manager to drive quip to new heights in operational excellence and business performance. This position will have responsibility for both inbound and outbound processes – port to DC and DC to customer. As a fast growing start up, the ideal candidate will be required to easily pivot between the strategic and tactical duties.
On a day to day basis, this position is responsible for managing all carrier / partner relationships and associated business process flows to ensure on time, on budget, and compliant. At the same time, this position will also be responsible for defining carrier / partner strategy, performing systematic modeling, managing all relationships, and optimizing cost and service to our customers. Given this position touches many aspects of our business, we are seeking candidates with consensus building, excellent communication, and project management skills.
- Act as supply chain subject matter expert in all aspects of global logistics, distribution and trade compliance procedures.
- Work with all transportation partners including small parcel, LTL and FTL and international freight vendors to develop, analyze and report monthly key performance indicators.
- Understand and convey all regulations that apply to international shipping and distribution as well as domestic distribution to customers.
- Analyze, optimize, and execute logistics and distribution processes through the development of standard operating procedures and implementation of best practices.
- Maintain and manage the processes and relationships with internal/external partners to ensure on-time execution of all scheduling, shipping and receiving
- Source loads through various selected carriers to ensure best rate and service level.
- Create, distribute, and analyze results of all logistics-related RFP’s and work with the Sr Mgr of Distribution and Logistics to evaluate and select the appropriate partnerships
- Manage contracts with carriers to include following the correct process steps for approval (NDA, Contract Sheet, Legal and VP contract approval).
- Act as supply chain super user for all logistics and WMS applications as well as support IT and the Sr Mgr, Distribution and Logistics in developing sustainable systems architecture.
- Liaise between supply chain, IT and external IT vendors around systems issues and solutions
- Evaluate logistics and distribution KPIs for trends, next steps and opportunities for improvement and present in monthly accountability as well as quarterly business reviews.
- Ensure the on-time review and submission of all freight, distribution and miscellaneous logistics invoices, while still ensuring accuracy with all contracts and rate agreements.
- Manage the claims and insurance processing of all LTL/FTL/LCL/FCL and air freight claims.
- Manage the operations and logistics of all company events, including scheduling transportation, communicating freight needs and distribution processes.
- Support the Sr Mgr, Distribution and Logistics in all other areas and tasks as needed.
Base Salary: $110,000-$140,000
This range represents anticipated base salary range for this position, in addition to competitive benefits and equity (as applicable). We carefully assess and consider several factors with each candidate, including location, role-related knowledge, experience and skills. Compensation may vary based on these considerations.
- 7+ years of working experience within operations, supply chain, and/or logistics required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, or similar concentration preferred
- Experience with WMS (warehouse management systems), ERP systems, and e-commerce platforms strongly preferred
- Exceptional Microsoft office (Excel) skills preferred
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment while managing multiples tasks and projects
- Strong attention to detail with effective prioritization skills
- Experience in a startup environment or consumer goods/retail industry a plus
- Experience managing freight forwarders and international shipments required
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- Flexible hybrid schedule - mix of in-office and remote working options
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Open vacation policy
- 401k contribution
- Employee Bonus Referral Program
- Extended Education Assistance Program
- Dog friendly office space
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
quip is a modern oral health company launched in 2015 that provides thoughtfully designed personal oral care products and professional dental care services through a digital platform that makes oral care more simple, accessible, and enjoyable. The current personal care offerings include a wide selection of American Dental Association accepted (ADA seal) adult and kid electric toothbrushes, smart brushes, refillable floss pick and string, refillable mouthwash and gum, all kept fresh with a refill delivery service. quip’s professional platform, which is behind quip Aligners and quipcare, is part of the company's future vision to connect personal care, oral health monitoring and professional care in one digital oral care companion app that helps access and manage all your oral care needs and guide and incentivize good oral health habits.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.